Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown jmcquown is offline

Default Jazzing up baked chicken breasts

Goomba38 wrote:
> Ken Knecht wrote:
>> Whan I bake skinless chicken breasts, it is usually as they come
>> from the package. Not bad, but how can I easily make them a bit more
>> flavorful? What's your favorite method? I am not fond of spicy food
>> - chile, etc.
>>

> If I want to bake them, I've been known to dip into an egg wash then
> bread them in a mixture of corn flake crumbs mixed with various
> spices, perhaps some parmesan, and topped with a pat of butter. Baked
> about 45 min or so at 350 degrees I've got a nice crusty baked
> chicken breast.

I advocate cornflake crumbs, too! I rarely buy chicken breast halves; they
tend to be rather dull and often dry. But when I do, cornflake crumbs
jazzed up with stuff as you say are the way to go. I generally melt the
butter in the baking dish first, get it nice and hot, then add the chicken.
Comes out nice and crispy

P.S. Sorry I went off on you in that other thread, Goomba. Mea Culpa.

Jill