Posted to alt.food.barbecue
mikehende mikehende is offline

Default starting outdoor fire issues, help needed

We are having way too much trouble with this firewood, when this dried
Maple tree first fell, the wood ignited immediately and burned without any
problems, now it is exactly the opposite, it would light after a very long
while and we have to constantly keep fanning it to keep it going.

What I notice now when i look closely at the firewood, the outside is
getting mildew/fungus and the inside is turning kind of "powdery", can
this this be why the wood is giving so much trouble? if so, can anything
be done or do I throw out all the wood?