Posted to rec.food.cooking
T[_1_] T[_1_] is offline

Default The Holidays are here

In article >,
says...
> Goomba38 wrote:
> > Peter A wrote:
> >> In article >, sf says...

> >> Why can't people wait to start the Christmas season? Two months
> >> ahead? Asinine. Wait until after Thanksgiving at least, please!
> >>

> > I refuse to do a thing for Christmas until at least after
> > Thanksgiving. (Except I did put up my Limoncello). I even avoid
> > shopping places where they're hot into the Christmas spirit. I have
> > this perverse pleasure in enjoying each holiday on its own and not as
> > a "package" deal.

> I started getting catalogs in the mailing featuring Christmas stuff in
> August! It's ridiculous. The holidays are *not* here! Thanksgiving isn't
> here. As I would say to my cat Persia when she begs for food, "It's not
> time yet!" It's definitely not time for the December holidays yet.
>
> Jill

I think the problem is that retailers are really feeling the crunch. I
cannot believe the increase in the amount of junk mail I'm getting
lately and it's all sales circlulars etc.

A few mention Christmas, but most are just for the sake of trying to
clear out inventory.

But in this oh so glorious economy that Bush and Co. crow about, the
paycheck just doesnt' stretch as far.