Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default Non-Rusting Metal Scouring Pads

"Cshenk" > wrote:
> Naw, they take regular folks too <g>. Look for a thick wired copper one.

Copper scrubbing pads don't rust, but the ones from the grocery
store are thin enough I go through a few per year. I also get a
stainless steel one and they last longer but mostly because I use
them on fewer pans.

> I had an old knife. It wasnt fancy or spectacular in cutting, but it
> belonged to my grandfather. It would get rusty and have to be hand washed.
> My husband didnt know it was special and tossed it out.
>
> I forgave him, but it was 1 of the only 2 things I had of my grandfathers.
> He'd brought it from Germany with him when he moved to the USA.

I had one from my great-grandfather that came across the ocean with
him. I lost it in a move. Argh, a century old hand made knife ...