Posted to rec.food.cooking
Joe Cilinceon Joe Cilinceon is offline

Default Knife Sharpener

"blake murphy" > wrote in message

> while i won't dispute that the gent in pennsylvania might do a better
> job, you might check with your local hardware store. it may not be
> in-house, but most have some kind of service.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Yes you very well might have a great sharpening service in your area and if
so by all means use them. Just be careful as many of the services I've seen
have a Chef's Choice or other sharpening devises which will eat a knife up
at worse or won't match the proper bevel angles at best. Many also use high
speed belt sanders or grinders which aren't designed for blade sharpening at
all. If someone has a high quality knife they are better off checking out
the methods used on their knives. Most home cooks with the average number of
knives only need to sharpen a couple of times a year at most.

Joe Cilinceon