Mack

Default Foodmakers Feeding Off Low-Carb Craze

On 22 Jan 2004 04:27:44 -0800, (Judy_Gee)
wrote:

>Sadly, there is no free lunch, but I have to say that the low carb
>craze may have something for us diabetics.
>
>Looking at the labels (and sticking to ice cream for now) the low-carb
>ice cream is relatively high in fat (at least compared to the low fat
>stuff).
>
>If you divide nutrition into three groups: protein, fat, carbohydrate
>(and there are a lot of other ways to do this) and assume that
>protein+fat+carbohydrate=100 percent of the product, then when you CUT
>one of the components, one or both of the others have to go up.
>
>Judy G

no they don't. If you check the Eddie's Grand Ice sugar free
sweetened with Splenda the regular sugar free has the same fat content
as the regular with sugar. comparing a non fat brand to a regular fat
brand because both are sugar free does not support this statement.
Eddy's makes both regular sugar free and low fat sugar free ice cream.
Compare low fat to low fat for an accurate picture.

Mack
Type 1 since 1975
http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org

In tribute to the United States of America and the State
of Israel, two bastions of strength in a world filled with strife and
terrorism.