Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damaeus Damaeus is offline

Default Non-Rusting Metal Scouring Pads

My roommate had a metal scouring pad that was looking grungy. It was about
30 years old and belonged to his grandmother. That thing was
indestructible, it didn't rust, and was fantastic. He just kept
sterilizing it in a boiling pot of water from time to time. Aside from its
tangled mass of wires, it was perfect. Well, I decided to surprise him
with a new one, and I threw away the old one. They were a couple of Arden
Clean scouring pads, and within a week, they were starting to rust, they
were shredding to pieces, and they're made in China. This wouldn't really
matter, but I threw away his old scouring pad. He didn't say anything to
me about it until I brought it up, but since I did, he said he was pretty
upset about it. Now I need to find a scouring pad that won't rust or
shred. Any ideas what to look for? I got these for a couple of dollars at
the grocery store, but they suck.

Thanks for any pointers,
Damaeus