Amal Shookup

Default Foodmakers Feeding Off Low-Carb Craze

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message >...

> I see a lot of low carb stuff all full of soy. What's going to happen when
> people start developing thyroid problems from eating all this soy?

I would be surprised if people's metabolisms weren't already affected.
Lots of processed foods for years have contained soy, often in as
various forms of soybean oil. Soy burgers, tofu, and some of the
tempehs are fairly low in carbs, but none of them are exactly new
products. IMO the food industry could still stand to profit from a soy
campaign in this low carb climate.

-p