Julie Bove

Default Foodmakers Feeding Off Low-Carb Craze

"Siobhan Perricone" > wrote in message
> >This is not a fad. It will NOT die out in 2 or 3 years.

> Yep. Because the factor none of them are taking into account is that
> diabetics have been wanting this sort of product for *years*.

We have? I never have. I prefer my food to be whole and natural. Whenever
food is doctored with, it scares me. I also don't do a low carb diet and
don't forsee myself ever doing so, with the exception of a few isolated days
here and there when my BG is going wacky.

> I think that they're really tapping into the before-under-served diabetics

market in a
> way they never did before, and it's not just Atkins dieters who are happy
> with these options. I love a lot of this stuff! I have low-carb milk! Woo
> woo! 2 carbs for a cup of chocolate milk? I'm THERE.

I see a lot of low carb stuff all full of soy. What's going to happen when
people start developing thyroid problems from eating all this soy?

> I never thought I'd ever be so happy to have a diet craze catch on.

I think this will burn out rather quickly when people realize that they
can't eat as much as they want to of this stuff, just like they couldn't do
all you can eat low fat.

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/