Siobhan Perricone

Default Foodmakers Feeding Off Low-Carb Craze

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:26:45 -0600, PJx > wrote:
>>Foodmakers Feeding Off Low-Carb Craze
>>Wed Jan 21,10:03 AM ET Add U.S. National - Reuters to My Yahoo!
>>

>>By Deborah Cohen
>>
>>CHICAGO (Reuters) - Like prospectors chasing the California Gold Rush of 1849, companies seeking to
>>mine the low-carbohydrate eating craze are expected to show up in droves at a conference in Denver
>>this week.

>This is not a fad. It will NOT die out in 2 or 3 years.

Yep. Because the factor none of them are taking into account is that
diabetics have been wanting this sort of product for *years*. I think that
they're really tapping into the before-under-served diabetics market in a
way they never did before, and it's not just Atkins dieters who are happy
with these options. I love a lot of this stuff! I have low-carb milk! Woo
woo! 2 carbs for a cup of chocolate milk? I'm THERE.

I never thought I'd ever be so happy to have a diet craze catch on.

--
Siobhan Perricone
The actions taken by the New Hampshire Episcopalians are an affront to