Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nick Cramer Nick Cramer is offline

Default Vacuum preparations

" > wrote:
> Hi, Sheila. My mother of almost 80 years has Type 2, and with my Dad
> being a near invalid, they have trouble staying on track to keep her
> diabetes in check.
>
> Of course, the things Nick said have been the most important to her in
> controlling the beast: exercise and diet. I don't know which has
> proven more effective as she is doing them as a combo.
>
> Since my Mom hates to cook and loves prepared foods, and my Dad cannot
> (physically) cook, I try to help them when I can. I make up a lot of
> meals for them, sometimes 30 or so at a time and put them in a
> foodsaver bag to be frozen and delivered to their door. I season
> meats and meat dishes and use the vacuum system as a marinade machine
> as well as a preserver. Try this:
> [food prep description snipped]

Hi Robert. Diet and exercise go hand in hand. Calories in, calories out.
Exercise also helps improve the muscle mass to fat ratio and muscle burns a
lot more calories than fat, which burns none. I admire your Mom for still
exercising at her age!

What you and your SO do for them, vis a vis the food prep and delivery, not
only helps them eat better, but serves as a constant reminder to them that
they matter to you. That has to be a great comfort to them and help them
maintain a positive attitude. I salute you for that.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~