Posted to rec.food.cooking
Joe Cilinceon Joe Cilinceon is offline

Default Knife Sharpener

"Dee.Dee" > wrote in message

> "Joe Cilinceon" > wrote in message
>> "Terry Insull" > wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Can anyone recommend a good (not too expensive) knife sharpener.
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>

>> Yes http://www.japaneseknifesharpening.com/ the only person I would allow
>> to touch my knives other than me. He is located in Pennsylvania and has
>> about a 1 week turn around time.
>>
>> Joe Cilinceon

> Thanks, Joe.
> Do you just send your knives? All I saw was a page that said he was in
> Leigh (sp?) Valley.
> Dee Dee

Dee he was out in California with a knife.com group giving sharpening
lessons on Sunday. He should be back in town by tomorrow so I would drop him
and email asking him what he will charge for what ever knives you are
sending. When in town you will hear from him generally back from him within
that day. At that point he will tell you how and where to send your knives
and get your information. He has borrowed 3 of my knives to use making a DVD
on knife sharpening at the moment but I just contact him get the price on
what ever I'm sending and mail it. He acknowledges receiving it and usually
ships it back within a day or two. He has done several knives for me and
hundreds for many in the forum. His work is excellent and with high dollar
Japanese steel like I do own he does it with waterstones to a mirror finish.
As I also said he is now bringing out a DVD on how to sharpen properly
yourself but most won't want to go there.

Joe Cilinceon.