Janet Wilder

Default Fish Recipes

I'm really a lurker, but here's a good sauce for most any pan fried mild fish:

Veracruz Sauce
1 onion -- chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic -- minced
2 small serrano chiles -- seeded and minced
1 24 oz can tomatoes with juice
1/4 cup pimento-stuffed green olives -- sliced
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp sugar (Splenda's okay but for so smallo an amount I
don't bother)
pinch cinnamon
pinch ground cloves

Saute the onion in olive oil over medium-high heat until soft and transparent,
about 8 minutes. Add garlic and chiles. Cook for an additional minute to
release the flavors. Meanwhile whirl tomatoes with juice in a food processor
until pureed but slightly lumpy. Add the tomatoes, olives, lime juice, 1 tsp
salt, sugar, cinnamon and cloves to the sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.

1/4 of this recipe has about 5 grams of carbs. Hubby's dietician permits
unlimited tomato. YMMV.
Janet Wilder
Caring for and loving my T2 (diagnosed in 1981).

The Road Princess
Residentially Challenged
Spelling and punctuation is up to my editors. I take no responsibility