Old 29-10-2007, 11:37 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nonnymus[_5_] Nonnymus[_5_] is offline

Default Czilispiel - a long report on a fun weekend in Texas

Moonbeam wrote:

added a pile of slaw on top. So far I've not been able to find a recipe for
this. If anyone knows what I'm trying to describe, I'd sure appreciate your
ideas. My
husband of 54 years, was the master of the grill (charcoal) but he has been
in a nursing home for the past couple of years, and if get any barbeque I'll
have to do
it myself.

East Carolina topping sauce is about as easy to make as it comes. Start
with 1/4 cup of Texas Pete, Crystal, Frank's or Louisiana hot sauce and
add about a cup of apple cider vinegar. That's it. If you want to be
fancy, you can experiment with storing it in a bottle of cayenne peppers
like you find in a Mexican grocery, can experiment with adding salt or
even garilc to the mix.

We don't measure it when making it here at the house. I have a catsup
bottle that I've poked holes in the lid and filled with dried whole red
cayenne peppers. When it gets down to about empty, I dump in a half
bottle of Texas Pete and fill with vinegar.

If you like it on pulled pork, try it on Collard or Turnip greens. We
also cook a lot of kale with white beans, and it's a staple on them when
served as well.

--
---Nonnymus---
No matter how large your boat,