Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nonnymus[_5_] Nonnymus[_5_] is offline

Default Czilispiel - a long report on a fun weekend in Texas

Moonbeam wrote:

> added a pile of slaw on top. So far I've not been able to find a recipe for
> this. If anyone knows what I'm trying to describe, I'd sure appreciate your
> ideas. My
> husband of 54 years, was the master of the grill (charcoal) but he has been
> in a nursing home for the past couple of years, and if get any barbeque I'll
> have to do
> it myself.

East Carolina topping sauce is about as easy to make as it comes. Start
with 1/4 cup of Texas Pete, Crystal, Frank's or Louisiana hot sauce and
add about a cup of apple cider vinegar. That's it. If you want to be
fancy, you can experiment with storing it in a bottle of cayenne peppers
like you find in a Mexican grocery, can experiment with adding salt or
even garilc to the mix.

We don't measure it when making it here at the house. I have a catsup
bottle that I've poked holes in the lid and filled with dried whole red
cayenne peppers. When it gets down to about empty, I dump in a half
bottle of Texas Pete and fill with vinegar.

If you like it on pulled pork, try it on Collard or Turnip greens. We
also cook a lot of kale with white beans, and it's a staple on them when
served as well.

--
---Nonnymus---
No matter how large your boat,