Posted to alt.food.barbecue
motley me motley me is offline

Default Czilispiel - a long report on a fun weekend in Texas

" We used
> to stop at a little barbeque place in east Tennessee that had the
> pulled pork with a sauce that had no tomato. I think it was a vinegar
> type that you put on and then
> added a pile of slaw on top. So far I've not been able to find a
> recipe for this. If anyone knows what I'm trying to describe, I'd sure
> appreciate your ideas.

I don't know the recipe, but the neighbor of one of my friends makes BBQ
for a living and uses a vinegar based sauce. It is great. the more you
shake the bottle, the hotter it gets. I like tomato based sauces also, but
there is something about the tangyness of a good vinegar sauce sometimes,
though i mostly like it on pulled pork.

If you are interested here is a link to his site.
http://www.bishopsbbq.com/index.asp?PG=PRODUCTS