Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Moonbeam Moonbeam is offline

Default Czilispiel - a long report on a fun weekend in Texas

I love Texas too! I was born and raised in Harlan County Kentucky but my
husband's work took us to Houston where we spent over 30 years. My son and
some of
the best friends I've ever had live in Houston. I'm almost as much Texan as
Kentuckian. I like the barbequed briskets, but my favorite is pulled pork.
We used
to stop at a little barbeque place in east Tennessee that had the pulled
pork with a sauce that had no tomato. I think it was a vinegar type that you
put on and then
added a pile of slaw on top. So far I've not been able to find a recipe for
this. If anyone knows what I'm trying to describe, I'd sure appreciate your
ideas. My
husband of 54 years, was the master of the grill (charcoal) but he has been
in a nursing home for the past couple of years, and if get any barbeque I'll
have to do
it myself.

moonbeam

. ..