Al Hardy

Default Ginger biccie recipe for RK

RK wrote:
> lol. ok i give! what the hell is a ginger biccie?

The home made ones are the best, here is Aunt Arabella`s recipe.

Ingredients
4 oz self-raising flour
1 level teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/4 level teaspoon salt
1 level teaspoon finely ground ginger
1 level teaspoon mixed spice
1 1/2 oz ground rice
2 oz butter butter
2 oz caster sugar
4 oz golden syrup

Method

Preheat the oven to 190cC ( 375F, gas mark 5)
Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt, ginger and spice into a bowl.
Stir in the rice, rub in the butter, and mix in the sugar (in that order)
Warm the syrup until it is just runny, stir it in.
Knead lightly in the bowl to make a smooth dough.
Shape into round balls, equal-sized, 24 in all.
Space well apart on greased baking sheets.
Bake in the middle of the oven in batches for 10-12 minutes until they are
golden.
Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then finish cooling on a wire rack.

I have no idea of the nutritional content/breakdown, neither do I care lol
Like the pop-song of yesteryear

Never give gone them up
No matter what the meter says, girl

Enjoy, my friend, just two. Hubby and daughter will soon finish off the rest
;-) My girls are so loving they help Pa`s bg by not leaving me any unless I
am quick off the mark lol
--
Al.
Idiopathic t1