Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.appalachian
Snake Snake is offline

Default Cooking chicken on a gas grill

ULL wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 09:04:22 GMT, "Guv Bob"
> > wrote:
>
> Behold the pride of alt.appalachian, trying to stir up a new fight.
> LOL! I bet you people are real proud of troll bob.
>
>> Good lord.... what kinduh langwige is this hyur!?? I don't no butt it =
>> ain't the way true BBQ fellers (eater and cookers) tawk!! And I thawt =
>> my anglish wuz bad!
>>
>> Guv Bob

I'm not a psychotherapist, though I did date one for a little while back in
about 1996 (she was one of the looniest people I have ever known,) but I'm
gonna attempt a little analysis on the Guv. He has brought his own brand of
tedious obnoxiousness to alt.app for many years. Guv seems to be a smart guy,
and shows good command of English when he chooses to post in that language. He
is also probably a scholar of Spanish, since he is such an ardent admirer of
Mexican and Meso-American culture. You will not find him trolling in
alt.mole.poblano.

But he has a compulsion to post drivel. As far as I know, he usually confines
it alt.app, but occasionally he gets bored and does a little trolling in other
groups, like poetry, astronomy and barbecue. Just ignore him, barbecue guys,
and he will go away to torment some poets. Poets need to be tormented anyway.
It helps get their creative juices flowing.

I will say that Guv often pokes fun at people who take themselves a wee bit too
seriously; some of the barbecue folks may find that shoe a very good fit.

He also likes to top-post, which ****es off some of the old usenet silverbacks,
another group of people who have a bent for self-seriousness. Guv doesn't
bother me because I don't take anything very seriously, least of all what I
write on usenet.