Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Paul E. Lehmann Paul E. Lehmann is offline

Default Mold on cider

wrote:

> The two Paul's in this thread would make good
> Republican Presidential
> candidates.

I would have to change my party affiliation before
I did that

> Instilling IRRATIONAL FEAR into
> anyone who ever came across mold or a bad
> smelling wine.

If you want to drink bad smelling "wine", be my
guest. If you want to risk contaminating other
things in your winery, go ahead. I am not the
wine police I am merely making suggestions.

> On the contrary, there are no
> known pathogens that exist in wine.

I don't believe the "cider" had enough sugar to
make "wine". The words we

..."temp was bad and we had green mold on top of
the cider (just apple juice let to ferment by
itself, no yeast or other additives)."

> It's the
> reason the Board of Health exempts wineries from
> reqiurements of section 20C. Has anyone on this
> board heard of anyone getting sick from bad
> wine? Anyone?

Sick, yes, deadly - life threatening ill no. Of
course, to the best of my knowledge, I have never
drunk a low alcohol beverage that had green mold
growing on it. To each his own. Happy wine -
errr - beverage making