Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default jasmine rice

jmcquown wrote on Fri, 26 Oct 2007 10:55:19 -0500:

j> elaine wrote:
??>> For some reason I have had terrible results with jasmine
??>> rice. I cook it like I would basmati. Is that the
??>> problem? e.

j> I've never encountered a bag of rice that didn't have
j> cooking instructions. The bag of jasmine rice I had said 20
j> minutes, the water to rice ratio was listed. Generally 10
j> minutes uncovered then 10 minutes covered. What does yours
j> say?

I never look at the instructions on rice packages (apart from
wild rice) but my automatic cooker: 1 rice: 1 1/2 water works
well even for jasmine rice.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: