Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Paul E. Lehmann Paul E. Lehmann is offline

Default Mold on cider

wrote:

> Why is it not good advice? I'm not saying she
> shouldn't add yeast to ferment. I'm saying that
> spoiled wine can be fixed. What is the worst
> that can happen, pouring it down the drain
> anyway?
>
> Bob
>

> On Oct 25, 8:05 pm, "Paul E. Lehmann"
> > wrote:

In my opinion, adding sugar and yeasts will merely
cover up the problem and not cure it. It also
leads to or supports sloppy winemaking practices.

It is also possible to have the spoilage
organism(s) spread to other places in the
location in which the wine is being made.

These are merely my opinions and of course
everyone has their own and do what they think is
best or works for them.