Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default apple crisp

"Jackie Patti" > wrote in message
> This is WICKED easy! Comes to 26g carb, 8g protein, 338 kilocalories for
> the whole recipe.
>
> Peel, core and slice an apple and place in a bowl. Sprinkle a tsp of
> cinnamon over it and add 1/4 cup sugar-free DaVinci caramel syrup. Cover
> and nuke 2 minutes.
>
> Remove cover and sprinkle over the top 6 TB almond meal, 2 TB crushed
> pecans and then dot 2 TB butter over all, cover and nuke another 2
> minutes.

It would figure I am allergic to it. Drat. I sometimes make apple crisp
for my daughter with coconut oil and gluten free oatmeal, but it's one of
the few foods I can't seem to pass up. Every time I go near it, I have to
take a bite and pretty soon my BG is through the roof. So I don't make it
very often.