Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
[email protected] doublesb@hotmail.com is offline

Default Mold on cider

Kathy,

Bacterial spoilage can be corrected by adding sugar and re-fermenting.
I got this advice from a reputable winemaker. If wine has bacterial
spoilage either add it to next years batch or add sugar and referment.
Obviously the re-fermented batch will be stronger but it will be
drinkable. Use Champagne yeast if alcohol is already present. The
first time I used this advice was a couple days ago and it worked
great.

Bob