Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Shen[_2_] Shen[_2_] is offline

Default what is this white residue/dust in the tea liquor?

On Oct 24, 6:47 am, Lewis Perin > wrote:
> Shen > writes:
> > On Oct 23, 3:51 pm, SN > wrote:
> > > great! thanks, exactly, soupiness!
> > > i was having a hard time looking at the 'soup' thinking its some pest
> > > contamination or who knows what!
> > > whew!
> > > i will drink it with no problem now!
> > >
> > > heres about the 3rd infusion (cant see the dust/opaque here, but you
> > > can see the leaf)http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?i...fengyswdw3.jpg

> > That looks very much like a green mao feng I had from Yunnan Sourcing.
> > This was a thicker, tougher leaf and not small buds, very similar to
> > yours.

> Not small, perhaps - to be expected if it's the Yunnan large leaf
> varietal - but buds nonetheless. You would expect the buds to have
> opened after three steeps, after all. If you look carefully, the tips
> are there in the image.
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

Yes, indeed. Old eyes.
I happen to absolutely LOVE this tea.
I bought some from Scott earlier in the year and have gifted it to
every dear friend, as well.
It's got a wonderful sweetness, not vegetal and somewhat floral.
It's resilient and holds up to multiple steepings very easily.
Nice to know someone else is savoring this tea!
Shen