Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected][_2_] nailshooter41@aol.com[_2_] is offline

Default Cake in a WSM

On Oct 23, 4:55 pm, "Big Jim" > wrote:

>> Years ago, all cooking was done over wood or coal.

> And if your food tasted smoky you were considered a poor cook.

I have seen a couple of shows on one of the cooking channels that have
pizza joints that use coal fired ovens with open flames to cook their
pizzas. The guy doing the segment was astonished there was no smoke
taste.

Locally, there are still a few places that have the large wood fired
oven to make pizzas and cook other smaller things in them. I have had
pizza from the local pizzaria that cooks theirs in a mesquite fired
overn, and no mesquite taste at all. THAT was a disappointment.

Robert