Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking

Default scupadine wine recipe

Look for a recipe for scupadine wine.
any an all help appreciated

--
Don
SEMPER VIGILIS
http://myweb.cableone.net/wxfreqrs/ REAL TIME WEATHER
http://www.qsl.net/kb5fhx/index.html HAM RADIO
http://donsradio.spaces.msn.com/blog/PersonalSpace.aspx MY BLOG

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking

If you can't find it here, you will have to invent your own.
I have never heard of a scupadine grape but have heard of a scupernong(sp?) grape

http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/

"wxfreqrs" > wrote in message ...
Look for a recipe for scupadine wine.
any an all help appreciated

--
Don
SEMPER VIGILIS
http://myweb.cableone.net/wxfreqrs/ REAL TIME WEATHER
http://www.qsl.net/kb5fhx/index.html HAM RADIO
http://donsradio.spaces.msn.com/blog/PersonalSpace.aspx MY BLOG

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking

wxfreqrs wrote:
> Look for a recipe for scupadine wine.
> any an all help appreciated

Scupperdine is the name of a native American grape, probably a cross
between the better known Scuppernong and Muscadine grapes. The "recipe"
for making wine from it would be to crush it and let it ferment. Here's
a link to a winery that does just that:

http://www.ncagr.com/NCproducts/ShowSite.asp?ID=2305

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking

Mark wrote on Tue, 25 Jul 2006 09:36:43 -0400:

ML> wxfreqrs wrote:
??>> Look for a recipe for scupadine wine.
??>> any an all help appreciated
??>>
ML> Scupperdine is the name of a native American grape,
ML> probably a cross between the better known Scuppernong and
ML> Muscadine grapes. The "recipe" for making wine from it
ML> would be to crush it and let it ferment. Here's a link to
ML> a winery that does just that:

ML> http://www.ncagr.com/NCproducts/ShowSite.asp?ID=2305

I've never tried wine from "Scupadine grapes" but I can safely
say that I have tried Scupernong grapes and wine made from them
*once* in each case!

James Silverton.

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking

"James Silverton" <not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not> wrote in
:

> I've never tried wine from "Scupadine grapes" but I can safely
> say that I have tried Scupernong grapes and wine made from them
> *once* in each case!

or as my wife says, "Twice! The first time and the last time."
--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking

For what its worth---all the scuppernongs I've had, mostly amateur, are
better than the vinifera made in the Carolina's like Biltmore Estate---their
"better " wines use left coast grapes. Scuppernong is the mainstay of
"Mason-Dixon Meritage" composed of Skippering, concord or Niagara and
marechel foch.

The scuppernong marries well with BBQ Rutabaga and Ferret, a swampland
treat!!!!!!!!
. 97.136...

scupadine wine recipe wxfreqrs Wine 5 25-07-2006 05:00 PM
ice wine or dessert wine recipe Jason Halwa Winemaking 0 19-07-2006 06:43 PM
Wine recipe tammy smith Winemaking 1 01-02-2005 06:01 PM
Blueberry Wine Recipe from Wine Maker Magazine DJ Winemaking 8 04-06-2004 05:18 PM
wine recipe Ronald Gagnier Winemaking 1 17-10-2003 01:45 PM