scupadine wine recipe

Old 25-07-2006, 10:45 AM posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking

Default scupadine wine recipe

Look for a recipe for scupadine wine.
any an all help appreciated

--
Don
SEMPER VIGILIS

Old 25-07-2006, 01:05 PM posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking

If you can't find it here, you will have to invent your own.
I have never heard of a scupadine grape but have heard of a scupernong(sp?) grape

http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/

Old 25-07-2006, 02:36 PM posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking

wxfreqrs wrote:
Look for a recipe for scupadine wine.
any an all help appreciated

Scupperdine is the name of a native American grape, probably a cross
between the better known Scuppernong and Muscadine grapes. The "recipe"
for making wine from it would be to crush it and let it ferment. Here's
a link to a winery that does just that:

http://www.ncagr.com/NCproducts/ShowSite.asp?ID=2305

Mark Lipton
Old 25-07-2006, 04:00 PM posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking

Mark wrote on Tue, 25 Jul 2006 09:36:43 -0400:

ML wxfreqrs wrote:
?? Look for a recipe for scupadine wine.
?? any an all help appreciated
??
ML Scupperdine is the name of a native American grape,
ML probably a cross between the better known Scuppernong and
ML Muscadine grapes. The "recipe" for making wine from it
ML would be to crush it and let it ferment. Here's a link to
ML a winery that does just that:

ML http://www.ncagr.com/NCproducts/ShowSite.asp?ID=2305

I've never tried wine from "Scupadine grapes" but I can safely
say that I have tried Scupernong grapes and wine made from them
*once* in each case!

James Silverton.

Old 25-07-2006, 04:28 PM posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking

"James Silverton" not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not wrote in
:

I've never tried wine from "Scupadine grapes" but I can safely
say that I have tried Scupernong grapes and wine made from them
*once* in each case!

or as my wife says, "Twice! The first time and the last time."
--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

Old 25-07-2006, 05:00 PM posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking

For what its worth---all the scuppernongs I've had, mostly amateur, are
better than the vinifera made in the Carolina's like Biltmore Estate---their
"better " wines use left coast grapes. Scuppernong is the mainstay of
"Mason-Dixon Meritage" composed of Skippering, concord or Niagara and
marechel foch.

The scuppernong marries well with BBQ Rutabaga and Ferret, a swampland
treat!!!!!!!!
. 97.136...

How to Taste Wine Like the Pros - Mastering the Six S's. Tony @ PHG Wine 1 26-05-2006 02:31 AM
Recipe Trade Jess General Cooking 9 11-09-2005 07:58 PM
rec.food.sourdough FAQ Recipes (part 1 of 2) Darrell Greenwood Sourdough 2 16-01-2005 06:50 AM
rec.food.sourdough FAQ Recipes (part 1 of 2) Darrell Greenwood Sourdough 1 10-12-2004 06:17 AM
International Wine Competition Ljubljana 50 years Marjan Kveder Wine 0 10-05-2004 01:05 PM