Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Tart Muscadine

I've got a batch of muscadine that has a *really* tart taste. My notes show
the initial acid level was 0.7%. It has occurred to me that maybe I should
have tried malolactic fermentation on it (never done that before) but the
batch has already been stabilized. Is there anything that I could/should do
now to lower the acid? It's quite dry (SG 0.992) and will be sweetened back
to taste.

Bart

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Already been stabilized as in cold stabilization?

Well all you can do is chemically treat it with potassium (or calcium)
carbonate. You could also use Calcium hydroxide or potassium
bicarbonate.

Then cold stabilize again.