juniper berry wine?

Old 14-11-2005, 06:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Usenet poster

Default juniper berry wine?

My sister lives in the hills where there are tons of juniper berries. I
know they use them to make gin, is it possible to make wine with them?
Anyone ever attempt it? I know this is mostly a grape site ( I make
fruit and flower)..but I just wanted to know.

Old 14-11-2005, 07:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Usenet poster

"tessamess" wrote in message
oups.com...
My sister lives in the hills where there are tons of juniper berries. I
know they use them to make gin, is it possible to make wine with them?
Anyone ever attempt it? I know this is mostly a grape site ( I make
fruit and flower)..but I just wanted to know.

If you try to eat some of them you will find that they taste awful. You want
the that in your gin, not in your wine.

Wannabe
=======

Old 15-11-2005, 12:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Usenet poster

Jack Keller talks about using juniper berries like a spice to add to some
wines. You might do a search of his site.

Ray

oups.com...

Old 15-11-2005, 06:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Usenet poster

Uh, yeah, I'll second that as something you want in Gin, not wine.

Mmmmm... Gin, specifically Bombay Sapphire.. mmmm, my blue heaven.

-T

"WannabeSomeone" wrote in message
.. .

oups.com...

Old 15-11-2005, 10:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Usenet poster

Thanks..the idea of juniper berries made me go " hmmm" kinda
skeptically. That's why I asked first before jumping into a batch

The Chemistry of a 90+ Wine (NYT) [email protected] Wine 5 09-08-2005 11:11 AM
Bad wine, good? Michael Pronay Wine 28 11-01-2005 12:26 AM
International Wine Competition Ljubljana 50 years Marjan Kveder Winemaking 0 10-05-2004 01:06 PM
International Wine Competition Ljubljana 50 years Marjan Kveder Wine 0 10-05-2004 01:05 PM
Hungarian Botryized Wine Bromo Wine 10 16-01-2004 03:44 PM