Kousa Dogwood fruit?

Old 22-10-2005, 01:26 AM
[email protected]
Usenet poster

Default Kousa Dogwood fruit?

I have access to some fruit of a Kousa Dogwood tree. I've never heard
of it before but apparently the fruit is edible (I even found a jam
recipe on the web). The owner just discards the fruit, so I want to
take a crack at making wine from it.

Has anyone here ever had any experience making wine with this fruit? I
can't find any mention of it in my wine books or on the web. I've made
wine from a bunch of different fruits, so I won't be flying completely
blind, but any pointers that anyone could supply would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Old 24-10-2005, 09:23 PM
Ray Calvert
Usenet poster

Check Jack Keller's web site. If you do not find anything there, email him.
If anyone knows anything about it, he will.

Ray

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have access to some fruit of a Kousa Dogwood tree. I've never heard
of it before but apparently the fruit is edible (I even found a jam
recipe on the web). The owner just discards the fruit, so I want to
take a crack at making wine from it.

Has anyone here ever had any experience making wine with this fruit? I
can't find any mention of it in my wine books or on the web. I've made
wine from a bunch of different fruits, so I won't be flying completely
blind, but any pointers that anyone could supply would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

TN: 05 Fall Vendors' Sale at TAC (long -- 24 notes) Jim Wine 0 03-10-2005 11:23 PM
Wrong ..... Kate General Cooking 11 23-07-2005 12:47 AM
Low Fat Shakes & Smoothies (10 ) Collection Lindatn Recipes (moderated) 0 20-06-2004 01:06 AM
[LONG] TN: IndyWine '04 Mark Lipton Wine 3 12-02-2004 08:36 PM
[LONG] Holiday TN, part 1: Willamette Valley Mark Lipton Wine 4 11-01-2004 09:59 PM