Robert Lewis

Default Along the same lines as my tartarate question

Which is more/less likely to oxidize while bottling:

refrigerated wine or room temp wine?

This hasn't been an issue for me, but am just curious.

Robert

Tom S

"Robert Lewis" > wrote in message
k.net...
> Which is more/less likely to oxidize while bottling:
>
> refrigerated wine or room temp wine?

Refrigerated. Gases are more soluble in colder liquids.

Tom S

Robert Lewis

I'm sorry, I do not understand. Let me rephrase my question. Will a
refrigerated wine (in carboy) be more apt to oxidize while bottling than a
room temp wine?

Thanks for your patience.

RTL

"Tom S" > wrote in message
.. .

> "Robert Lewis" > wrote in message
> k.net...
>> Which is more/less likely to oxidize while bottling:
>>
>> refrigerated wine or room temp wine?

> Refrigerated. Gases are more soluble in colder liquids.
>
> Tom S

Ray Calvert

Tom answered you correctly. If gas dissolves in cold liquid better, it will
oxidize better (or worse for the winemaker).

Also, if you bottle cold wine and then store at room temperature you may
find corks pushing out or bottle breakage due pressure as the contents warm
and expand.

Ray

"Robert Lewis" > wrote in message
k.net...
> I'm sorry, I do not understand. Let me rephrase my question. Will a
> refrigerated wine (in carboy) be more apt to oxidize while bottling than a
> room temp wine?
>
> Thanks for your patience.
>
> RTL
>

> "Tom S" > wrote in message
> .. .
>>
>> "Robert Lewis" > wrote in message
>> k.net...
>>> Which is more/less likely to oxidize while bottling:
>>>
>>> refrigerated wine or room temp wine?

>> Refrigerated. Gases are more soluble in colder liquids.
>>
>> Tom S

O/T: Clothes Lines itsjoannotjoann General Cooking 481 06-06-2010 08:22 PM
Clothes Lines sf[_9_] General Cooking 26 19-05-2010 12:29 AM
O/T: Clothes Lines Steve Pope General Cooking 0 14-05-2010 03:45 PM
O/T: Clothes Lines Cindy Hamilton[_2_] General Cooking 7 14-05-2010 01:05 AM
Will tartarate go back into solution once re-warmed Robert Lewis Winemaking 2 19-09-2005 04:42 AM