Maurice Hamling

Default Food Grade Plastic Barrels

Wine makers

Can anybody tell me where I can get 5 and 10 gal food grade plastic
barrels ???

Winemaker

Moe

Dick Adams

Maurice Hamling > wrote:

> Can anybody tell me where I can get 5 and 10 gal food grade plastic
> barrels ???

Your LHBS should be your best bet.
Member

Locate a business that supplies water in those 10 gallon (?) 20 litre replaceable containers for water coolers. Those containers get scratched and are thrown out. I find them perfect.

Wayne
Jim

Can anybody tell me where I can get 45 gal food grade plastic
barrels to be used as primary fermenter?

Joe Sallustio

They sell them in Pittsburgh during winemaking season.

If there is a Coke or Pepsi bottler near you call them. Otherwise find
out where your wholesale food comes into town and call them.

Joe

Jim wrote:
> Can anybody tell me where I can get 45 gal food grade plastic
> barrels to be used as primary fermenter?

Paul E. Lehmann

Jim wrote:

> Can anybody tell me where I can get 45 gal food grade plastic
> barrels to be used as primary fermenter?

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/default.asp

Ask them for their catalog. They have LOTS of food grade items that you can
use in winemaking. If you are ever not entirely sure, just call and ask to
talk to one of their tech reps. They will ship at reasonable prices. I
got a 30 gallon and a 55 gallon food safe containers from them for
fermenting. You can get them with lids and can easily put in a bung and
airlock if desired. I also got one of their carts to put some of my
carboys on. It comes in handy since it has wheels and their is a storage
shelf underneath.
Ed Marks

I use the Rubbermaid Brute Trash Can - 44 gal. It's food grade, available
locally (Lowes or Home Depot), comes with a lid to keep nasty stuff out but
it's not so tight that CO2 can't get out. They also make a dolly that
attaches to the bottom that makes it really easy to move these around, even
when full of must, to get it outside where I do my pressing.

Ed

"Jim" > wrote in message

> Can anybody tell me where I can get 45 gal food grade plastic
> barrels to be used as primary fermenter?

Jim

Thank you all for your help.

FOOD GRADE PLASTIC AND METAL BARRELS [email protected] Winemaking 1 17-05-2009 12:10 AM
GÃœRTAN PLASTIC - PLASTIC CRATES,PALLETS and ALL TYPE OF PLASTIC PRODUCTS [email protected] Preserving 0 05-06-2007 08:12 AM
Food Grade Barrels DH Winemaking 2 20-09-2006 06:52 PM
Problem with "food grade" plastic primary fermenter Matt Shepherd Winemaking 15 14-07-2004 09:06 PM
What is Commerical Grade about the Commercial Grade line from CharBroil? Joshua Barbecue 5 20-04-2004 12:27 PM