Franca

Default Wine Label Printing

A client needs to get some wine labels printed, about 1,000 labels. As
far as commercial printers are concerned this is a very short run. How
do you all handle label printing so that you can have a good quality
label at a reasonable cost?

Franca
Stephen SG

Get your own machine.
"Franca" > wrote in message
.. .
| A client needs to get some wine labels printed, about 1,000 labels. As
| far as commercial printers are concerned this is a very short run. How
| do you all handle label printing so that you can have a good quality
| label at a reasonable cost?
|
| Franca

Stephen SG

Get your own machine.
"Franca" > wrote in message
.. .
| A client needs to get some wine labels printed, about 1,000 labels. As
| far as commercial printers are concerned this is a very short run. How
| do you all handle label printing so that you can have a good quality
| label at a reasonable cost?
|
| Franca

STEPHEN PEEK

Get the software from Art of Wine along with their selection of labels.
Steve
"Franca" > wrote in message
.. .
> In article >,
> says...
> > Get your own machine.
> >

> Short and sweet is all well and good, but ... that's just not enough
> info. ;-) Care to elaborate?
>
> Franca

STEPHEN PEEK

Get the software from Art of Wine along with their selection of labels.
Steve
"Franca" > wrote in message
.. .
> In article >,
> says...
> > Get your own machine.
> >

> Short and sweet is all well and good, but ... that's just not enough
> info. ;-) Care to elaborate?
>
> Franca

Stephen SG

check your mail
"Franca" > wrote in message
.. .
| A client needs to get some wine labels printed, about 1,000 labels. As
| far as commercial printers are concerned this is a very short run. How
| do you all handle label printing so that you can have a good quality
| label at a reasonable cost?
|
| Franca

Franca

Thanks, Steve. I had a look and it's interesting, but the client wants
to use their own design. They also would prefer gummed rather than
"crack-and-peel" labels, so I have a feeling that home printing may not
be an option. I was hoping there might be some "quick print" operations
that specialize in wine and other bottling labels.

Franca

islander

I had a local printer make me up a large lot... ,,, front labels are
Generic... our falily crest... and our family name " ********
Wines" the back label... a bit of family history (genealogy) and
where the wine was made .... then a form to fill out at the bottom...
ether by pen or on the printer for a short run.. (48 bottles) Batch
number........ colour........ fruit........ dry.. med.. sweet...
bottled date........

I had the local printer make 10,000 of each... It will last me for
years.

cheers
Marv

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 00:06:29 -0700, Franca
> wrote:

>A client needs to get some wine labels printed, about 1,000 labels. As
>far as commercial printers are concerned this is a very short run. How
>do you all handle label printing so that you can have a good quality
>label at a reasonable cost?
>
>Franca

islander

I had a local printer make me up a large lot... ,,, front labels are
Generic... our falily crest... and our family name " ********
Wines" the back label... a bit of family history (genealogy) and
where the wine was made .... then a form to fill out at the bottom...
ether by pen or on the printer for a short run.. (48 bottles) Batch
number........ colour........ fruit........ dry.. med.. sweet...
bottled date........

I had the local printer make 10,000 of each... It will last me for
years.

cheers
Marv

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 00:06:29 -0700, Franca
> wrote:

>A client needs to get some wine labels printed, about 1,000 labels. As
>far as commercial printers are concerned this is a very short run. How
>do you all handle label printing so that you can have a good quality
>label at a reasonable cost?
>
>Franca

islander

I had a local printer make me up a large lot... ,,, front labels are
Generic... our falily crest... and our family name " ********
Wines" the back label... a bit of family history (genealogy) and
where the wine was made .... then a form to fill out at the bottom...
ether by pen or on the printer for a short run.. (48 bottles) Batch
number........ colour........ fruit........ dry.. med.. sweet...
bottled date........

I had the local printer make 10,000 of each... It will last me for
years.

cheers
Marv

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 00:06:29 -0700, Franca
> wrote:

>A client needs to get some wine labels printed, about 1,000 labels. As
>far as commercial printers are concerned this is a very short run. How
>do you all handle label printing so that you can have a good quality
>label at a reasonable cost?
>
>Franca

Franca

Good thoughts, Marv - thanks!

Franca
Joe Sallustio

1000 labels is a very short run, if the printer is doing the graphics
you are talking a lot of money for a few labels.

If the graphics are done, maybe go to a copy center.

I use Avery 5164 packing labels; paper and ink are probably $0.10 per
label. A box contains 600 labels.

Joe

Franca > wrote in message > ...
> Good thoughts, Marv - thanks!
>
> Franca

Joe Sallustio

Franca > wrote in message > ...
> Good thoughts, Marv - thanks!
>
> Franca

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franca View Post
Thanks, Joe!
1000 labels is a very short run, if the printer is doing the graphics
you are talking a lot of money for a few labels.

If the graphics are done, maybe go to a copy center.

I use Avery 5164 packing labels; paper and ink are probably $0.10 per
label. A box contains 600 labels.
A bottle label can be a fun and effective way to promote a brand. It identifies and promotes a product on a shelf full of competitors. Designers make it attractive because humans are visual creatures, enticed by different colors and patterns in their environment. Therefore, an important factor in bottle label printing is its design composition.

If you're stuck in a rut thinking of a design and waiting for inspiration to strike, or just on the lookout for some bottle label eye- candy, look no further because we've compiled 24 ideas that worked for the brands they represent.

Digital Printing | Printing Services Malaysia| Dot2Dot Dot2 Dot General Cooking 0 03-03-2017 10:54 AM
Cost of Having a Wine Label Designed... packagedesign Winemaking 1 08-06-2011 06:30 PM
Need Help With Italian Wine Label cruciverbalist Wine 9 05-10-2006 01:25 PM
Wine label contest darp Winemaking 0 24-03-2005 01:50 AM
A nice wine label Bill Loftin Wine 5 28-02-2005 02:38 AM