Default Question about chokecherry wine safety

Heya!

A friend of mine who likes to brew up wine and beer recently gave me
a bottle of chokecherry that he's had stowed away since '97. Sounds
*great* to me; I love wine, and I love people willing to do it
themselves.

However, I've read that chokecherry seeds contain a small amount of
cyanic acid. How great is the danger of cyanide poisoning when
drinking chokecherry wines? I assume that fermenting correctly (not
breaking open the seeds) keeps the danger to zero, but what is the
danger if it is not brewed in such a manner? (I don't know if this is
the case or not, I'm just playing worst case scenario. Cyanide is one
of those poisions that often does not give warning before sudden
death; it'd be a hell of a way to end a good date. )

Thanks,

-R
K.J.Kristiansen

A 97 and he is still around? I think you are safe! Or he must be a
devious person with an unbelievable self-control.