jimbo

Default liquid campden

When reading the latest issue of Wine Maker magazine, I spotted an
advertisement by a California supply company offering "liquid camden".
Sounds too good to be true. Has anyone had experience with this product?
Thanks...Jim.

Ed Marks

Just make your own - water + potassium metabisulfite powder and you're done.

"jimbo" > wrote in message ...
> When reading the latest issue of Wine Maker magazine, I spotted an
> advertisement by a California supply company offering "liquid camden".
> Sounds too good to be true. Has anyone had experience with this product?
> Thanks...Jim.

Larry Meeusen

"Ed Marks" > wrote in message

> Just make your own - water + potassium metabisulfite powder and you're done.
>
> "jimbo" > wrote in message ...
> > When reading the latest issue of Wine Maker magazine, I spotted an
> > advertisement by a California supply company offering "liquid camden".
> > Sounds too good to be true. Has anyone had experience with this product?
> > Thanks...Jim.

Make a 10% solution, it is easy to use and stores well when stoppered
tightly in glass. To make a 10% solution add 4 oz of powdered sulphite
to one quart of water and shake until dissloved. Use at 5 ml. per gallon
to achieve 50 ppm.
Larry

Campden VS Hot Water Andie Z Winemaking 13 05-09-2005 03:26 AM
What's in Campden tablets Ralconte Winemaking 14 20-11-2004 03:58 AM
Added too much campden, now what? Magilla Winemaking 4 24-08-2004 05:02 PM
Campden on top bwesley7 Winemaking 0 09-07-2004 01:12 PM
Campden tablets . . . MkFn Winemaking 1 30-12-2003 04:32 AM