Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Keller Bentonites

Does anyone have any experience with the new Keller bentonites that
are being sold by MoreWine. They're touting these as not needing any
presoaking. I tried just a tiny amount in a glass of white wine and
it did seem to disperse immediately with no clumping.

They sell them under the name "Albumex" for wines with pH's of under
3.5, and "Canaton" for pH's over 3.5.

Lee
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

I know nothing about these Keller bentonites.

However, Vineco has been providing a "spread and stir" bentonite for
some time now. When I ran a Brew on Premises, not having to
re-hydrate the bentonite was WONDERFUL. Don't recall any problems
with those wines.

Steve