Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
JB JB is offline

Default Wine Kit Recommendation

Hey!

Just finished mixing up the last of this year's five Winexpert Limited
Edition wine kits. Looking forward to doing a couple of more batches before
the heat of the summer kicks in. I have a preference for dry reds -
cabernets, syrahs, etc. I'm looking for a wine kit or two to try out. Anyone
had a good wine kit they'd like to recommend?

TIA

JB

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

I really like the SuperTuscan from WinExpert. Nice, full bodies, dark
color. hmm.
The Corvina is also most excellent in my mind.

The other red WinExperts are ok, but those two I'd recommend.
DAve

JB wrote:
> Hey!
>
> Just finished mixing up the last of this year's five Winexpert Limited
> Edition wine kits. Looking forward to doing a couple of more batches before
> the heat of the summer kicks in. I have a preference for dry reds -
> cabernets, syrahs, etc. I'm looking for a wine kit or two to try out. Anyone
> had a good wine kit they'd like to recommend?
>
> TIA
>
> JB

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

"Dave Allison" > wrote in message
.. .
>I really like the SuperTuscan from WinExpert. Nice, full bodies, dark
>color. hmm.
> The Corvina is also most excellent in my mind.
>
> The other red WinExperts are ok, but those two I'd recommend.
> DAve
>
> JB wrote:
>> Hey!
>>
>> Just finished mixing up the last of this year's five Winexpert Limited
>> Edition wine kits. Looking forward to doing a couple of more batches
>> before the heat of the summer kicks in. I have a preference for dry
>> reds - cabernets, syrahs, etc. I'm looking for a wine kit or two to try
>> out. Anyone had a good wine kit they'd like to recommend?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> JB

I like the Argentine Malbec as well.
Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
JB JB is offline

Thanks for the responses. Looks like the Winexpert Kits are all pretty
solid. How about another brand of kit that you'd recommend? I've made a Ken
Ridge Syrah that was pretty good. How about some of the cheaper "pop" wine
kits. Any of these worth a shot? I thought I might brew up a batch for a
late summer party where there were lots of people and I didn't want to break
out the good stuff.

TIA

--
"Steve Peek" > wrote in message
m...

> "Dave Allison" > wrote in message
> .. .
>>I really like the SuperTuscan from WinExpert. Nice, full bodies, dark
>>color. hmm.
>> The Corvina is also most excellent in my mind.
>>
>> The other red WinExperts are ok, but those two I'd recommend.
>> DAve
>>
>> JB wrote:
>>> Hey!
>>>
>>> Just finished mixing up the last of this year's five Winexpert Limited
>>> Edition wine kits. Looking forward to doing a couple of more batches
>>> before the heat of the summer kicks in. I have a preference for dry
>>> reds - cabernets, syrahs, etc. I'm looking for a wine kit or two to try
>>> out. Anyone had a good wine kit they'd like to recommend?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> JB
>>>

> I like the Argentine Malbec as well.
> Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Regular Wines: I recommend the top line kits from the following
manufacturers...

Vineco....Ken Ridge Founders Series, Ken Ridge Showcase, Vinterra,
Legacy
Winexpert...any of the Selection family
RJ Spagnols...En Primeur, Cru Select, Cellar Classic
Cellar Craft...Showcase
Other...I have no experience with Heron Bay, Wine Kitz, whatever else

The above are 15, 16, or 23 litre kits. All make 23 litres

Pop Wines. I presume that you mean the sweet, low alcohol mist wines
like the commercial Arbor Mist and Wild Vines.

Nearly every kit manufacturer makes them (don't think Cellar Craft
does). The ones I know are Niagara Mist, Island Mist and Orchard
Breezin'.

They are SWEET (some sweeter than others) and LOW alcohol. They are
not right for some people. But many people think that they are great
arond the pool or the porch or wherever on a hot day, in a big glass
with ice cubes.

My fave is Niagara Mist Pink Grapefruit Blush. Refreshing on a hot
day and not as sweet as most of the others. The Orchard Breezin
Blackberry Merlot is very sweet but smells and tastes great (but then
I like blackberries a lot).

Hope this helps, Steve