Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Drinking window for B.V. Clone 4 and Beringer Private Reserve Cab.

At B.V. Winery they said that now is the optimal drinking window for my Reserve Cab Clone 4. vintage 2001. That gives estimated lifetime of 13 years. Cellartracker states 2006-2022. So now is kinda in the middle. I also guess that "optimal" is subjective. I like the oxidized browned flavour. I think that big reds tend to become more adventurous at that point, where layers get peeled off in the mouth. Maybe most people call it "optimal" when it is still fruity and the tannins are integrated, but before the browning starts?

As for the Beringer Private reserve, at vintage 2006 is felt more evolved than the 2001 Latour and 2006 sequoia reserve. Im debating if that means that it does not hold up as well as the others aging, since it seems to mature faster? Anyone have experience with holding on to these?
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sunday, July 20, 2014 8:43:27 PM UTC-4, Michael Nielsen wrote:
> At B.V. Winery they said that now is the optimal drinking window for my Reserve Cab Clone 4. vintage 2001. That gives estimated lifetime of 13 years.. Cellartracker states 2006-2022. So now is kinda in the middle. I also guess that "optimal" is subjective. I like the oxidized browned flavour. I think that big reds tend to become more adventurous at that point, where layers get peeled off in the mouth. Maybe most people call it "optimal" when it is still fruity and the tannins are integrated, but before the browning starts?
>

> As for the Beringer Private reserve, at vintage 2006 is felt more evolved than the 2001 Latour and 2006 sequoia reserve. Im debating if that means that it does not hold up as well as the others aging, since it seems to mature faster? Anyone have experience with holding on to these?

I still have a few bottles of 1996 BV Georges de Latour that are still quite young tasting. I think a lot has to do with storage. I store at 55F

1997 Beringer Private Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon Bi!! Wine 5 22-02-2007 04:18 PM
Lascombes drinking window? Salil Wine 1 31-07-2006 04:07 PM
Brewmasters Private Reserve Bill Becker Beer 3 16-11-2005 06:55 PM
TN: Beringer Private Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 1990 and 1991 CabFan Wine 2 28-02-2005 01:19 AM
1982 Beringer Private Reserve Cabernet CabFan Wine 9 01-02-2005 03:37 PM