Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] '10 La Sibilla Falanghina

With Jean and Andrew away visiting her family, I was left to my own
devices. Tonight, that meant a dinner of linguine with shrimp in a
spicy red sauce. With that, I drank:

2010 Campi Flegrei "La Sibilla" Falanghina
nose: floral with an herbaceous element, minerals
palate: brisk acidity, seashells, light body

Such a contrast with an '09 Taburno Falaghina I had last year, this
wine, imported by Oliver McCrum, is a refreshing version of the grape
(per Oliver, it's grown on a volcanic outflow near Naples, very special
terroir).

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Saturday, August 18, 2012 11:29:41 PM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:
> With Jean and Andrew away visiting her family, I was left to my own
>
> devices. Tonight, that meant a dinner of linguine with shrimp in a
>
> spicy red sauce. With that, I drank:
>

> 2010 Campi Flegrei "La Sibilla" Falanghina
>
> nose: floral with an herbaceous element, minerals
>
> palate: brisk acidity, seashells, light body
>

> Such a contrast with an '09 Taburno Falaghina I had last year, this
>
> wine, imported by Oliver McCrum, is a refreshing version of the grape
>
> (per Oliver, it's grown on a volcanic outflow near Naples, very special
>
> terroir).
>

> Mark Lipton

Not had the La Sibilla, but imported by Oliver McCrum is always a good sign! Though of course he is mostly West Coast.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 8/21/12 8:53 AM, DaleW wrote:

> Not had the La Sibilla, but imported by Oliver McCrum is always a
> good sign! Though of course he is mostly West Coast.

Yes, this bottle I picked up when in California last week. It doesn't
hurt that Oliver brought a bottle of the '08 La Sibilla to a dinner in
Oakland 3-4 years ago -- hand selling at its best!

Mark Lipton

[TN] '09 Taburno Falanghina Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 2 08-03-2011 10:46 PM
TN: Serious Xarello (and dead Falanghina) DaleW Wine 0 29-03-2010 07:11 PM
TN: $4 for the half bottle- Falanghina DaleW Wine 0 02-03-2010 03:15 PM
TN: good QPR Falanghina DaleW Wine 0 25-04-2007 04:06 PM
Falanghina - what's the story? Midlife Wine 17 06-04-2005 05:29 PM