Rich R

Default TN: Woop Woop

I am not a big fan of Aussie Shiraz. Even the most expensive are a little
rich for me. But this Woop Woop came across as a Zn, which I am a big fan
of. Big bold dark plum, a little vanilla, and quite brambly. Sweet tannins.
An absolutely enjoyable drink. At USD 10 you must take a shot. Of course I
drank it with a burger, so a great match.

Rich R.

--
The journey is the reward.

Larry

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 00:42:10 GMT, "Rich R" > wrote:

>I am not a big fan of Aussie Shiraz. Even the most expensive are a little
>rich for me. But this Woop Woop came across as a Zn, which I am a big fan
>of. Big bold dark plum, a little vanilla, and quite brambly. Sweet tannins.
>An absolutely enjoyable drink. At USD 10 you must take a shot. Of course I
>drank it with a burger, so a great match.
>
>Rich R.

Hi Rich,

Glad I saw your TN on the Oz Shiraz. Most of the wines I drink are
Aussie so my eyes purked up(and I started to drool) when I read about
the plummy, fruity and mild tannins mentioned. Actually checked the
LCBO wine site and noticed only 3 left in town. Drove off and grabbed
them.

It is good stuff. Bordering on jammy (but I like that style) so I
think if the rest of the bottle is as good, I might go to another town
and grab a few more. Once certain wines are out of stock they are
gone for the ear. Not sure if you are in Canada and are familiar with
the LCBO but ya gotta buy certain releases sooner than later.

Thanks Rich,

Larry
Southern Ontario

Rich R

"Larry" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 00:42:10 GMT, "Rich R" > wrote:
>
> >I am not a big fan of Aussie Shiraz. Even the most expensive are a little
> >rich for me. But this Woop Woop came across as a Zn, which I am a big fan
> >of. Big bold dark plum, a little vanilla, and quite brambly. Sweet

tannins.
> >An absolutely enjoyable drink. At USD 10 you must take a shot. Of course

> >drank it with a burger, so a great match.
> >
> >Rich R.

> Hi Rich,
>
> Glad I saw your TN on the Oz Shiraz. Most of the wines I drink are
> Aussie so my eyes purked up(and I started to drool) when I read about
> the plummy, fruity and mild tannins mentioned. Actually checked the
> LCBO wine site and noticed only 3 left in town. Drove off and grabbed
> them.
>
> It is good stuff. Bordering on jammy (but I like that style) so I
> think if the rest of the bottle is as good, I might go to another town
> and grab a few more. Once certain wines are out of stock they are
> gone for the ear. Not sure if you are in Canada and are familiar with
> the LCBO but ya gotta buy certain releases sooner than later.
>
> Thanks Rich,
>
> Larry
> Southern Ontario

Hi Larry,

I'm not in Canada, but grew up in Michigan, so eastern Canada was a stomping
ground. Glad you enjoyed the Woop Woop. It surprised me, too.. Now, you know
that Austrailia does some great whites.As food wines, they are just great. I
think that riesling (from Marlborough, NZ can rival some great Germans. And
Lageder Pinot Grigio (Alto Adige), what a great food wine! Goes with eggs,
spinach, and potatos. Smokey, deep, a pinot grigio that makes you think
twice.

Hope this post makes sense. Am off to another night of wine drinking.

Rich

Bill

Rich R wrote:
>>Glad I saw your TN on the Oz Shiraz. Most of the wines I drink are
>>Aussie so my eyes purked up(and I started to drool) when I read about
>>the plummy, fruity and mild tannins mentioned. Actually checked the
>>LCBO wine site and noticed only 3 left in town. Drove off and grabbed
>>them.

Did any one here see an Australian movie "Welcome to Woop Woop"?
It was the story of these people headed by Rod Taylor who live
in a garbage dump and make dog food from kangaroo carcasses.
After seeing that movie, I am afraid that I will never get to
try Woop Woop, the wine.

Rich R

"Bill" > wrote in message
> Rich R wrote:
> >>Glad I saw your TN on the Oz Shiraz. Most of the wines I drink are
> >>Aussie so my eyes purked up(and I started to drool) when I read about
> >>the plummy, fruity and mild tannins mentioned. Actually checked the
> >>LCBO wine site and noticed only 3 left in town. Drove off and grabbed
> >>them.

> Did any one here see an Australian movie "Welcome to Woop Woop"?
> It was the story of these people headed by Rod Taylor who live
> in a garbage dump and make dog food from kangaroo carcasses.
> After seeing that movie, I am afraid that I will never get to
> try Woop Woop, the wine.

This is exactly why you should try some. Are you a baby?
Rich R.

Bill

Rich R wrote:

>>Did any one here see an Australian movie "Welcome to Woop Woop"?
>>It was the story of these people headed by Rod Taylor who live
>>in a garbage dump and make dog food from kangaroo carcasses.
>>After seeing that movie, I am afraid that I will never get to
>>try Woop Woop, the wine.

> This is exactly why you should try some. Are you a baby?
> Rich R.

I am pretty adventuresome but that movie really got to me. I have
been searching the internet tonight to try to find where Woop Woop
wine is made and have been unable to. Don't you think the name
Woop Woop better suits a can of dog food than a bottle of wine?

Ken Blake

In ,
Bill > typed:

> I have
> been searching the internet tonight to try to find where Woop

Woop
> wine is made and have been unable to.

Southeastern Australia.

http://www.bevmo.com/productinfo.asp...5Fand%5FBlends

or http://tinyurl.com/2qdj3

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup

Ken Blake

In ,
Bill > typed:

> I have
> been searching the internet tonight to try to find where Woop

Woop
> wine is made and have been unable to.

Southeastern Australia.

http://www.bevmo.com/productinfo.asp...5Fand%5FBlends

or http://tinyurl.com/2qdj3

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup

Bill

Ken Blake wrote:
>>I have
>>been searching the internet tonight to try to find where Woop

> Woop wine is made and have been unable to.
>
> Southeastern Australia.
> http://www.bevmo.com/productinfo.asp...5Fand%5FBlends
> or http://tinyurl.com/2qdj3

I know this stuff exist. I have even read Parker's notes. But for the
life of me all I have found about it is where it is for sale.

I think it is a joke by the Aussies. Woop Woop is dog food made from
garbage. This is to prove they can sell anything to us.

Where is Martin when we need him.

Rich R

"Bill" > wrote in message
> Ken Blake wrote:
> >>I have
> >>been searching the internet tonight to try to find where Woop

> > Woop wine is made and have been unable to.
> >
> > Southeastern Australia.

http://www.bevmo.com/productinfo.asp...ategory =2009
0020&sid=14&catname=Shiraz%5Fand%5FBlends
> > or http://tinyurl.com/2qdj3

> I know this stuff exist. I have even read Parker's notes. But for the
> life of me all I have found about it is where it is for sale.
>
> I think it is a joke by the Aussies. Woop Woop is dog food made from
> garbage. This is to prove they can sell anything to us.
>
> Where is Martin when we need him.

Parker's notes? This is just fun, bouncy wine. Not something to opine over.
At 10 USD you drink it, enjoy it , and in a few months, forget about it.

Rich R.

Bill

Rich R wrote:
> http://www.bevmo.com/productinfo.asp...ategory =2009
> 0020&sid=14&catname=Shiraz%5Fand%5FBlends
>
>>>or http://tinyurl.com/2qdj3

>>I know this stuff exist. I have even read Parker's notes. But for the
>>life of me all I have found about it is where it is for sale.
>>
>>I think it is a joke by the Aussies. Woop Woop is dog food made from
>>garbage. This is to prove they can sell anything to us.
>>
>>Where is Martin when we need him.

> Parker's notes? This is just fun, bouncy wine. Not something to opine over.
> At 10 USD you drink it, enjoy it , and in a few months, forget about it.

Parker said it was a great buy at $10 and I think the number 89 was
involved. I still think Alpo is a better buy.

Swooper

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 01:09:00 GMT, Bill >
wrote:

>Ken Blake wrote:
>>>I have
>>>been searching the internet tonight to try to find where Woop

>> Woop wine is made and have been unable to.
>>
>> Southeastern Australia.
>> http://www.bevmo.com/productinfo.asp...5Fand%5FBlends
>> or http://tinyurl.com/2qdj3

>I know this stuff exist. I have even read Parker's notes. But for the
>life of me all I have found about it is where it is for sale.
>
>I think it is a joke by the Aussies. Woop Woop is dog food made from
>garbage. This is to prove they can sell anything to us.
>
>Where is Martin when we need him.

Put it down to aussie sense of humour. 'woop woop' is a
colloquiallism for an unknown or unspecified place.... or a place
very far away. If someone has gone missing for dubious reasons, or is
travelling to distant places, he can be said to have gone 'woop woop'.

The irony is the use of the term 'Sout East Australia' grapes, as
often used on lower cost wines. SE Oz pretty much encompasses the
bulk of most Oz wine regions (apologies to our WA friends), so any
grapes from outside SE Oz would indeed be from 'woop woop'.(far away)
.... but with the generalisation of SE Oz .... they still could come
from 'woop woop' (Place unknown or specified).

Hooroo....
Bill

Swooper wrote:

> Put it down to aussie sense of humour. 'woop woop' is a
> colloquiallism for an unknown or unspecified place.... or a place
> very far away. If someone has gone missing for dubious reasons, or is
> travelling to distant places, he can be said to have gone 'woop woop'.
>
> The irony is the use of the term 'Sout East Australia' grapes, as
> often used on lower cost wines. SE Oz pretty much encompasses the
> bulk of most Oz wine regions (apologies to our WA friends), so any
> grapes from outside SE Oz would indeed be from 'woop woop'.(far away)
> ... but with the generalisation of SE Oz .... they still could come
> from 'woop woop' (Place unknown or specified).

Very good Swooper. I think I understand the joke. You are
using "Sout" East Australia as geographical rather than the state
of South Australia. I am ready to participate in the joke now.

Bill

Swooper wrote:

> Put it down to aussie sense of humour. 'woop woop' is a
> colloquiallism for an unknown or unspecified place.... or a place
> very far away. If someone has gone missing for dubious reasons, or is
> travelling to distant places, he can be said to have gone 'woop woop'.
>
> The irony is the use of the term 'Sout East Australia' grapes, as
> often used on lower cost wines. SE Oz pretty much encompasses the
> bulk of most Oz wine regions (apologies to our WA friends), so any
> grapes from outside SE Oz would indeed be from 'woop woop'.(far away)
> ... but with the generalisation of SE Oz .... they still could come
> from 'woop woop' (Place unknown or specified).

Very good Swooper. I think I understand the joke. You are
using "Sout" East Australia as geographical rather than the state
of South Australia. I am ready to participate in the joke now.

Kent Feiler

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 15:32:15 -0700, "Ken Blake"
> wrote:

>In ,
>Bill > typed:
>
>> I have
>> been searching the internet tonight to try to find where Woop

>Woop
>> wine is made and have been unable to.

>Southeastern Australia.
>
>http://www.bevmo.com/productinfo.asp...5Fand%5FBlends
>
>or http://tinyurl.com/2qdj3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw it at a Cardinal wine store in the US. Maybe I'll go back and
grab a bottle -- if it hasn't gone Woop-Whoop in the meantime.

Regards,

Kent Feiler
www.KentFeiler.com

Kent Feiler

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw it at a Cardinal wine store in the US. Maybe I'll go back and
grab a bottle -- if it hasn't gone Woop-Whoop in the meantime.

Regards,

Kent Feiler
www.KentFeiler.com
Ken Blake

In ,
Kent Feiler > typed:

> On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 15:32:15 -0700, "Ken Blake"
> > wrote:
>
>>In ,
>>Bill > typed:
>>
>>> I have
>>> been searching the internet tonight to try to find where Woop

Woop
>>> wine is made and have been unable to.

>>Southeastern Australia.
>>
>>http://www.bevmo.com/productinfo.asp...523&area=wine&

category=20090020&sid=14&catname=Shiraz%5Fand%5FBl ends

-------------------------------

> I saw it at a Cardinal wine store in the US. Maybe I'll go

back and
> grab a bottle -- if it hasn't gone Woop-Whoop in the meantime.

When I posted the above, I had forgotten that I still had a
bottle. Here's what it says on the back label:

Woop
Woop
2003 Shiraz
South Eastern Australia

G'day. In Australia Woop Woop means not nearby, remote even. In
sourcing fruit for this well-balanced South Australian Shiraz we
went outside our normal territory to blend the best regional
attributes into a soft, elegant wine of rich flavors and good
palate length. We went to Woop Woop to bring Woop Woop to you.
Enjoy enjoy.

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup

Ken Blake

In ,
Kent Feiler > typed:

-------------------------------

> I saw it at a Cardinal wine store in the US. Maybe I'll go

back and
> grab a bottle -- if it hasn't gone Woop-Whoop in the meantime.

When I posted the above, I had forgotten that I still had a
bottle. Here's what it says on the back label:

Woop
Woop
2003 Shiraz
South Eastern Australia

G'day. In Australia Woop Woop means not nearby, remote even. In
sourcing fruit for this well-balanced South Australian Shiraz we
went outside our normal territory to blend the best regional
attributes into a soft, elegant wine of rich flavors and good
palate length. We went to Woop Woop to bring Woop Woop to you.
Enjoy enjoy.

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup

Rich R

"Ken Blake" > wrote in message
> In ,
> Kent Feiler > typed:
>
> > On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 15:32:15 -0700, "Ken Blake"
> > > wrote:
> >
> >>In ,
> >>Bill > typed:

> Woop
> >>

> >>Southeastern Australia.
> >>
> >>http://www.bevmo.com/productinfo.asp...523&area=wine&

> category=20090020&sid=14&catname=Shiraz%5Fand%5FBl ends
> >>
> >>or http://tinyurl.com/2qdj3

> -------------------------------
> >
> > I saw it at a Cardinal wine store in the US. Maybe I'll go

> back and
> > grab a bottle -- if it hasn't gone Woop-Whoop in the meantime.

> When I posted the above, I had forgotten that I still had a
> bottle. Here's what it says on the back label:
>
> Woop
> Woop
> 2003 Shiraz
> South Eastern Australia
>
> G'day. In Australia Woop Woop means not nearby, remote even. In
> sourcing fruit for this well-balanced South Australian Shiraz we
> went outside our normal territory to blend the best regional
> attributes into a soft, elegant wine of rich flavors and good
> palate length. We went to Woop Woop to bring Woop Woop to you.
> Enjoy enjoy.
>
> --
> Ken Blake
> Please reply to the newsgroup

Yes, you got the label right. Not being a Shiraz fan myself, would you say
this is typical of an Aussie Shiraz forgetting about price?

Bill

Rich R wrote:
> "Ken Blake" > wrote in message
>>Woop
>>Woop
>>2003 Shiraz
>>South Eastern Australia
>>
>>G'day. In Australia Woop Woop means not nearby, remote even. In
>>sourcing fruit for this well-balanced South Australian Shiraz we
>>went outside our normal territory to blend the best regional
>>attributes into a soft, elegant wine of rich flavors and good
>>palate length. We went to Woop Woop to bring Woop Woop to you.
>>Enjoy enjoy.
>>Ken Blake

> Yes, you got the label right. Not being a Shiraz fan myself, would you say
> this is typical of an Aussie Shiraz forgetting about price?

But did the bottle say where the wine was made Ken? Or maybe this is
another one of Bondi's no winery wines.

Bill

Rich R wrote:
> "Ken Blake" > wrote in message
>>Woop
>>Woop
>>2003 Shiraz
>>South Eastern Australia
>>
>>G'day. In Australia Woop Woop means not nearby, remote even. In
>>sourcing fruit for this well-balanced South Australian Shiraz we
>>went outside our normal territory to blend the best regional
>>attributes into a soft, elegant wine of rich flavors and good
>>palate length. We went to Woop Woop to bring Woop Woop to you.
>>Enjoy enjoy.
>>Ken Blake

> Yes, you got the label right. Not being a Shiraz fan myself, would you say
> this is typical of an Aussie Shiraz forgetting about price?

But did the bottle say where the wine was made Ken? Or maybe this is
another one of Bondi's no winery wines.

Larry

>Yes, you got the label right. Not being a Shiraz fan myself, would you say
>this is typical of an Aussie Shiraz forgetting about price?

Hi Rich,

I love Aussie wines. Woop Woop (IMHO) is somewhat representative of
the "typical" shiraz. WW has softer tannins than many and also less
'spicey' (making it an easy drinking wine) and contains far less
cassias, menthol and or eucalyptus type aromas and more of a in your
face first sip fruity impact. . Glad you brought it the groups
attention or many of use would have let it pass us by.

Your quote, "This is just fun, bouncy wine. Not something to opine
over.At 10 USD you drink it, enjoy it , and in a few months, forget
about it." just about says it all.

All the best

Larry
Southern Ontario

Larry

>Yes, you got the label right. Not being a Shiraz fan myself, would you say
>this is typical of an Aussie Shiraz forgetting about price?

Hi Rich,

I love Aussie wines. Woop Woop (IMHO) is somewhat representative of
the "typical" shiraz. WW has softer tannins than many and also less
'spicey' (making it an easy drinking wine) and contains far less
cassias, menthol and or eucalyptus type aromas and more of a in your
face first sip fruity impact. . Glad you brought it the groups
attention or many of use would have let it pass us by.

Your quote, "This is just fun, bouncy wine. Not something to opine
over.At 10 USD you drink it, enjoy it , and in a few months, forget
about it." just about says it all.

All the best

Larry
Southern Ontario

Larry

>> Yes, you got the label right. Not being a Shiraz fan myself, would you say
>> this is typical of an Aussie Shiraz forgetting about price?

>But did the bottle say where the wine was made Ken? Or maybe this is
>another one of Bondi's no winery wines.

Hi Bill,

It's a McLaren Vale wine.(if that helps)

All the best,

Larry
Southern Ontario

Larry

>> Yes, you got the label right. Not being a Shiraz fan myself, would you say
>> this is typical of an Aussie Shiraz forgetting about price?

>But did the bottle say where the wine was made Ken? Or maybe this is
>another one of Bondi's no winery wines.

Hi Bill,

It's a McLaren Vale wine.(if that helps)

All the best,

Larry
Southern Ontario

Ken Blake

In ,
Bill > typed:
> Rich R wrote:
>> "Ken Blake" > wrote in

message
>>>Woop
>>>Woop
>>>2003 Shiraz
>>>South Eastern Australia
>>>
>>>G'day. In Australia Woop Woop means not nearby, remote even.

In
>>>sourcing fruit for this well-balanced South Australian Shiraz

we
>>>went outside our normal territory to blend the best regional
>>>attributes into a soft, elegant wine of rich flavors and good
>>>palate length. We went to Woop Woop to bring Woop Woop to you.
>>>Enjoy enjoy.
>>>Ken Blake

>> Yes, you got the label right. Not being a Shiraz fan myself,

would
>> you say this is typical of an Aussie Shiraz forgetting about

price?

> But did the bottle say where the wine was made Ken? Or maybe

this is
> another one of Bondi's no winery wines.

Here's the rest of the information on the back label:

The above is signed by Ben Riggs, winemaker, then it says

CONTAINS SULFITES PRODUCT OF AUSTRALIA
PRODUCED BY WOOP WOOP WINES PTY.LTD ALC. 14.5% BY VOL. 750 ml
MAIN ROAD, McLAREN VALE S.A. 5171
P.O. BOX 584, McLAREN VALE S.A. 5171
email: pennyshill.com.au

IMPORTED FROM AUSTRALIA BY
EPICUREAN WINES SEATTLE, WA (206) 923-1376

Other than the standard Government warning, that's it.

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup

Ken Blake

In ,
Bill > typed:
> Rich R wrote:
>> "Ken Blake" > wrote in

message
>>>Woop
>>>Woop
>>>2003 Shiraz
>>>South Eastern Australia
>>>
>>>G'day. In Australia Woop Woop means not nearby, remote even.

In
>>>sourcing fruit for this well-balanced South Australian Shiraz

we
>>>went outside our normal territory to blend the best regional
>>>attributes into a soft, elegant wine of rich flavors and good
>>>palate length. We went to Woop Woop to bring Woop Woop to you.
>>>Enjoy enjoy.
>>>Ken Blake

>> Yes, you got the label right. Not being a Shiraz fan myself,

would
>> you say this is typical of an Aussie Shiraz forgetting about

price?

> But did the bottle say where the wine was made Ken? Or maybe

this is
> another one of Bondi's no winery wines.

Here's the rest of the information on the back label:

The above is signed by Ben Riggs, winemaker, then it says

CONTAINS SULFITES PRODUCT OF AUSTRALIA
PRODUCED BY WOOP WOOP WINES PTY.LTD ALC. 14.5% BY VOL. 750 ml
MAIN ROAD, McLAREN VALE S.A. 5171
P.O. BOX 584, McLAREN VALE S.A. 5171
email: pennyshill.com.au

IMPORTED FROM AUSTRALIA BY
EPICUREAN WINES SEATTLE, WA (206) 923-1376

Other than the standard Government warning, that's it.

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup

Rich R

"Larry" > wrote in message

> >Yes, you got the label right. Not being a Shiraz fan myself, would you

say
> >this is typical of an Aussie Shiraz forgetting about price?
> >

> Hi Rich,
>
> I love Aussie wines. Woop Woop (IMHO) is somewhat representative of
> the "typical" shiraz. WW has softer tannins than many and also less
> 'spicey' (making it an easy drinking wine) and contains far less
> cassias, menthol and or eucalyptus type aromas and more of a in your
> face first sip fruity impact. . Glad you brought it the groups
> attention or many of use would have let it pass us by.
>
> Your quote, "This is just fun, bouncy wine. Not something to opine
> over.At 10 USD you drink it, enjoy it , and in a few months, forget
> about it." just about says it all.
>
> All the best
>
> Larry
> Southern Ontario

You nailed it.

Rich R

Rich R

"Larry" > wrote in message

> >Yes, you got the label right. Not being a Shiraz fan myself, would you

say
> >this is typical of an Aussie Shiraz forgetting about price?
> >

> Hi Rich,
>
> I love Aussie wines. Woop Woop (IMHO) is somewhat representative of
> the "typical" shiraz. WW has softer tannins than many and also less
> 'spicey' (making it an easy drinking wine) and contains far less
> cassias, menthol and or eucalyptus type aromas and more of a in your
> face first sip fruity impact. . Glad you brought it the groups
> attention or many of use would have let it pass us by.
>
> Your quote, "This is just fun, bouncy wine. Not something to opine
> over.At 10 USD you drink it, enjoy it , and in a few months, forget
> about it." just about says it all.
>
> All the best
>
> Larry
> Southern Ontario