Mike

Default english wine

Has anybody tasted the wines of Tas Valley Vineyard in England? Their
Bacchus is superb anyone have an opinion?
Tom S

"Mike" > wrote in message
om...
> Has anybody tasted the wines of Tas Valley Vineyard in England? Their
> Bacchus is superb anyone have an opinion?

I haven't tasted any English wines yet, but if global warming is really
happening the Cabernets from there will one day be outstanding!

Tom S

dick

I thought an English wine was "won't the sun ever come out"
:-)

"Tom S" > wrote in message

> "Mike" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Has anybody tasted the wines of Tas Valley Vineyard in England? Their
> > Bacchus is superb anyone have an opinion?

> I haven't tasted any English wines yet, but if global warming is really
> happening the Cabernets from there will one day be outstanding!
>
> Tom S

Mike Tommasi

On Thu, 13 May 2004 12:12:08 -0700, "Tom S"
> wrote:

>"Mike" > wrote in message
. com...
>> Has anybody tasted the wines of Tas Valley Vineyard in England? Their
>> Bacchus is superb anyone have an opinion?

>I haven't tasted any English wines yet, but if global warming is really
>happening the Cabernets from there will one day be outstanding!

Exactly, we will soon have Mourvedre from Chablis, Chardonnay from
Holland and Grenache from the Loire. Languedoc and Provence will
replace vineyards with banana and pineapple groves.

Mike

Mike Tommasi, Six Fours, France
email link http://www.tommasi.org/mymail
Vilco [out]

Mike Tommasi wrote:

> Exactly, we will soon have Mourvedre from Chablis,
> Chardonnay from Holland and Grenache from the Loire.

Chard from NL is already there

> Languedoc and Provence will replace vineyards with banana
> and pineapple groves.

And what about italy? Camels and coconuts?

Vilco

Mike Tommasi

On Fri, 14 May 2004 12:53:07 +0200, "Vilco [out]" > wrote:

>And what about italy? Camels and coconuts?

Where you live, the Lambrusco will be replaced with Nero d'Avola.

Barolo will finally be made from Sangiovese, Nebbiolo will move to
Germany where finally a decent red will be made, Friuli will convert
to Greco di Tufo, and Brunello will convert to the manufacturing of
Zinfandel (red, pink and white).

Mike

Mike Tommasi, Six Fours, France
email link http://www.tommasi.org/mymail
Emery Davis

On Fri, 14 May 2004 11:22:55 +0200, Mike Tommasi > said:

] On Thu, 13 May 2004 12:12:08 -0700, "Tom S"
] > wrote:
]
] >
] >"Mike" > wrote in message
] . com...
] >> Has anybody tasted the wines of Tas Valley Vineyard in England? Their
] >> Bacchus is superb anyone have an opinion?
] >
] >I haven't tasted any English wines yet, but if global warming is really
] >happening the Cabernets from there will one day be outstanding!
]
] Exactly, we will soon have Mourvedre from Chablis, Chardonnay from
] Holland and Grenache from the Loire. Languedoc and Provence will
] replace vineyards with banana and pineapple groves.
]

Mike, wasn't there a recent article on frbv about champagne growers
buying up land in the South Downs? (I haven't had time to more than
glance at frbv for awhile.) Something about land costing 1% of the
equivilent in France. A rare time when land is actually cheaper in the UK...

-E

--
Emery Davis
You can reply to
Mike Tommasi

On Fri, 14 May 2004 14:22:48 +0200, Emery Davis >
wrote:

>On Fri, 14 May 2004 11:22:55 +0200, Mike Tommasi > said:
>
>] On Thu, 13 May 2004 12:12:08 -0700, "Tom S"
>] > wrote:
>]
>] >
>] >"Mike" > wrote in message
>] . com...
>] >> Has anybody tasted the wines of Tas Valley Vineyard in England? Their
>] >> Bacchus is superb anyone have an opinion?
>] >
>] >I haven't tasted any English wines yet, but if global warming is really
>] >happening the Cabernets from there will one day be outstanding!
>]
>] Exactly, we will soon have Mourvedre from Chablis, Chardonnay from
>] Holland and Grenache from the Loire. Languedoc and Provence will
>] replace vineyards with banana and pineapple groves.
>]
>
>Mike, wasn't there a recent article on frbv about champagne growers
>buying up land in the South Downs? (I haven't had time to more than
>glance at frbv for awhile.) Something about land costing 1% of the
>equivilent in France. A rare time when land is actually cheaper in the UK...

Yes, I read that too. But will it be called Champagne ? ;-)))

Mike

Mike Tommasi, Six Fours, France
email link http://www.tommasi.org/mymail
Mike Tommasi

On Fri, 14 May 2004 16:18:44 +0200, Emery Davis >
wrote:

>On Fri, 14 May 2004 15:49:12 +0200, Mike Tommasi > said:
>
>] On Fri, 14 May 2004 14:22:48 +0200, Emery Davis >
>] wrote:
>]
>[]
>] >
>] >Mike, wasn't there a recent article on frbv about champagne growers
>] >buying up land in the South Downs? (I haven't had time to more than
>] >glance at frbv for awhile.) Something about land costing 1% of the
>] >equivilent in France. A rare time when land is actually cheaper in the UK...
>]
>] Yes, I read that too. But will it be called Champagne ? ;-)))
>]
>
>Sussex Sparkler, perhaps?

Yes, but make it Yeast Sussex... or else choose from :

Bolton Bubbly
Beaulieu sur Lies
Methode Cornouaille
Cremant de Crawley
Putney Petillant
Farnham Fizz
Mousseux de Milton Keynes
Vintage Ventnor
Bracknell Brut
Blanc de Blackpool
Chatham Chard
Rutland Reserve
Grimsby Grand Cru

Mike Tommasi, Six Fours, France
email link http://www.tommasi.org/mymail
John Taverner

> Yes, but make it Yeast Sussex... or else choose from :
>
> Bolton Bubbly
> Beaulieu sur Lies
> Methode Cornouaille
> Cremant de Crawley
> Putney Petillant
> Farnham Fizz
> Mousseux de Milton Keynes
> Vintage Ventnor
> Bracknell Brut
> Blanc de Blackpool
> Chatham Chard
> Rutland Reserve
> Grimsby Grand Cru

Hey you, yeh you, Tommasi, you taking the **** of this fine and verdant land
:-)
If this warming thingy continues, you lot down south could be in deep merde.
W e ill inherit the mantle of the finest wines in the world, I just know of
a rather stony south facing slope, say 10 hectares at 1000 a hectare, what
an investment, I will be rich beyond the dreams of Croesus..............
But if the gulf stream switches off, then we will be in big merde and you
lot will man the barricades at the tunnel, repelling 55mln cold Britons.

BTW, OT, Bacchus mentioned earlier is stunner. If we could have a little
more sun..Last year, when middle France was like the sahara, our glorious
summer produced a stunning vintage.
English and Welsh wines (please note) tend to be light and germanic, but the
2003 will have more extract and alc, than usual years.

From a warm English evening, the dog is panting, I'm panting, the wife is
panting, doing the garden.So we will walk across the fields to the pub to
ahve a few warm pints 0f Adnams Broadside or Old Hookie. Do you
know,yesterday, I had a couple of pints of Donningtons, ( Stow on the
Wold), their simple BB, it was drunk in the garden of Snowshill Arms
overlooking the Vale of Evesham, it was stunning.

Cheers

JT
--
John Taverner
Solihull UK

congokid

In message >, Mike
> writes
>Has anybody tasted the wines of Tas Valley Vineyard in England? Their
>Bacchus is superb anyone have an opinion?

Is that similar to Noble Bacchus that was produced by Chiltern Valley
Wines? Are they still producing wine?

--
congokid
Good restaurants in London? Number one on Google
Mike Tommasi

On Fri, 14 May 2004 17:31:13 +0100, "John Taverner"
> wrote:

>Hey you, yeh you, Tommasi, you taking the **** of this fine and verdant land
>:-)
>If this warming thingy continues, you lot down south could be in deep merde.

:-)

Last monday I flew in for a quick meeting at ... Gatwick. Weather was
better there than in Provence.

Mike

Mike Tommasi, Six Fours, France
email link http://www.tommasi.org/mymail
Mark Lipton

Mike Tommasi wrote:

>>I haven't tasted any English wines yet, but if global warming is really
>>happening the Cabernets from there will one day be outstanding!

> Exactly, we will soon have Mourvedre from Chablis, Chardonnay from
> Holland and Grenache from the Loire. Languedoc and Provence will
> replace vineyards with banana and pineapple groves.

Ah, but the most recent (scientific) news is that, while temperatures
continue to rise, the amount of light reaching the Earth's surface is
declining -- and rapidly! From 1990 to 2000, there was a 10% decrease
in solar radiation reaching the Earth's surface, so we are growing
darker and hotter. One wonders what will this mean for viticulture?

Mark Lipton