Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Cabernet Sauvignon and Orange Juice, An Unexpected GourmetCombination

The, almost, inexplicable satisfactory gustatory result from the
combination of one half Cabernet Sauvignon and one half Orange juice
was a surprising combination of a refined wine and a rather prosaic
fruit juice.
I combined Lindemans Cabernet Sauvignon 2007 with fresh Orange Juice
in equal proportions, added ice, and stirred.
Expecting something short of drabness and the destruction of the best
elements of both beverages, I was surprised to find that the olfactory
and gustatory elements of both were inhanced.
The beverage combination was sophisticated, smooth, and satisfying
with a very satisfying and prolonged after taste.
Raised eyebrows will greet you when you announce this combination at
your next meal.
Then, next, there will be polite but repeated demands for more of the
same.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Marcus Aurelius wrote:
> The, almost, inexplicable satisfactory gustatory result from the
> combination of one half Cabernet Sauvignon and one half Orange juice
> was a surprising combination of a refined wine and a rather prosaic
> fruit juice.
> I combined Lindemans Cabernet Sauvignon 2007 with fresh Orange Juice
> in equal proportions, added ice, and stirred.

"Refined" wine, probably. Did you pass it through a Brita filter? Works
wonders for Vodka, I hear.

> Expecting something short of drabness and the destruction of the best
> elements of both beverages, I was surprised to find that the olfactory
> and gustatory elements of both were inhanced.

Oh, they were undoubtedly inhanced.

> The beverage combination was sophisticated, smooth, and satisfying
> with a very satisfying and prolonged after taste.
> Raised eyebrows will greet you when you announce this combination at
> your next meal.

Indeed. May I offer some other eyebrow-raising combinations:

- "Mace": equal parts Two-buck-chuck red (no matter which) and Christian
Brothers Brandy. Keeps you next day from wondering what hit you.
- "Cossack coffee": equal parts Two-buck-chuck red (no matter which),
Vodka (the cheapest you can find) and hot Espresso (cream and sugar to
taste). First it hits you like a saber, but then you bounce back like a
horse.

Unforgettable.

--
No, no, you can't e-mail me with the nono.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 18:45:40 -0700, Marcus Aurelius wrote:

> The, almost, inexplicable satisfactory gustatory result from the
> combination of one half Cabernet Sauvignon and one half Orange juice was
> a surprising combination of a refined wine and a rather prosaic fruit
> juice.

Just curious - what induced you to do this in the first place? (this
question comes to me often when I find a new and unlikely way to prepare
a meal).

On the orange juice note - the "classic" combination is pizza and beer,
but I find the combination to be criminal. The sweetness of the tomato
does not go well with the bitterness of beer. However, red wine (shiraz,
sangiovese) goes well (no surprise), and so does orange juice. Upon
reflection, the OJ makes sense, but most people to whom I suggest that
combination reel from the very thought.

Perhaps the fact that OJ and red wine both go with the same something
indicates that they might go well together.

Jose
Posted to alt.food.wine

> José, think "Bud" served at 0°C.

Oh... I thought we were talking about beer.

Jose
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Marcus Aurelius" > wrote in message
> The, almost, inexplicable satisfactory gustatory result from the
> combination of one half Cabernet Sauvignon and one half Orange juice
> was a surprising combination of a refined wine and a rather prosaic
> fruit juice.
> I combined Lindemans Cabernet Sauvignon 2007 with fresh Orange Juice
> in equal proportions, added ice, and stirred.
> Expecting something short of drabness and the destruction of the best
> elements of both beverages, I was surprised to find that the olfactory
> and gustatory elements of both were inhanced.
> The beverage combination was sophisticated, smooth, and satisfying
> with a very satisfying and prolonged after taste.
> Raised eyebrows will greet you when you announce this combination at
> your next meal.
> Then, next, there will be polite but repeated demands for more of the
> same.

Just in case you pretend to have discovered a brand new beverage: the
Spaniards discovered "sangria" a while ago...

Salud!

Yves

Posted to alt.food.wine

Yves wrote:

> "Marcus Aurelius" >
> wrote in message

>> The, almost, inexplicable satisfactory
>> gustatory result from the combination of one
>> half Cabernet Sauvignon and one half Orange
>> juice was a surprising combination of a refined
>> wine and a rather prosaic fruit juice. I
>> combined Lindemans Cabernet Sauvignon 2007 with
>> fresh Orange Juice in equal proportions, added
>> ice, and stirred. Expecting something short of
>> drabness and the destruction of the best
>> elements of both beverages, I was surprised to
>> find that the olfactory and gustatory elements
>> of both were inhanced. The beverage combination
>> was sophisticated, smooth, and satisfying with
>> a very satisfying and prolonged after taste.
>> Raised eyebrows will greet you when you
>> announce this combination at your next meal.
>> Then, next, there will be polite but repeated
>> demands for more of the same.
>>

> Just in case you pretend to have discovered a
> brand new beverage: the Spaniards discovered
> "sangria" a while ago...
>
> Salud!
>
> Yves

Not to mention "Scotch and Milk"
Actually, it is pretty damn good.
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Paul E. Lehmann" > wrote in message
. ..
> Yves wrote:
>

>> "Marcus Aurelius" >
>> wrote in message

>>> The, almost, inexplicable satisfactory
>>> gustatory result from the combination of one
>>> half Cabernet Sauvignon and one half Orange
>>> juice was a surprising combination of a refined
>>> wine and a rather prosaic fruit juice. I
>>> combined Lindemans Cabernet Sauvignon 2007 with
>>> fresh Orange Juice in equal proportions, added
>>> ice, and stirred. Expecting something short of
>>> drabness and the destruction of the best
>>> elements of both beverages, I was surprised to
>>> find that the olfactory and gustatory elements
>>> of both were inhanced. The beverage combination
>>> was sophisticated, smooth, and satisfying with
>>> a very satisfying and prolonged after taste.
>>> Raised eyebrows will greet you when you
>>> announce this combination at your next meal.
>>> Then, next, there will be polite but repeated
>>> demands for more of the same.
>>>

>> Just in case you pretend to have discovered a
>> brand new beverage: the Spaniards discovered
>> "sangria" a while ago...
>>
>> Salud!
>>
>> Yves

> Not to mention "Scotch and Milk"
> Actually, it is pretty damn good.

I'm not so familiar with whisky, but I think that if you mix it with whipped
cream the result should be similar to Bailey's ... but what would it
actually be like with milk??
Thanks for infos

Yves

Cabernet Sauvignon Retta Wine 0 02-07-2010 02:10 AM
Cabernet Sauvignon Kits? crhoff Winemaking 0 17-08-2006 12:34 PM
90% Merlot & 10% Cabernet Sauvignon PATRICK.JOUVENEL Winemaking 2 06-04-2005 12:48 AM
90% Merlot & 10% Cabernet Sauvignon PATRICK.JOUVENEL Wine 0 05-04-2005 05:17 PM
TN: 2001 Cabernet Sauvignon [email protected] Wine 5 09-03-2005 03:39 AM