Chris Hansen

Default Ideas for lunch?

Hello,

Can anyone suggest some lunch ideas I can bring to work that are easy
to prepare, and filling? I'm getting tired of peanut butter and jelly
sandwiches and if I just bring fruit and veggies I'm hungry the rest
of the day.

Thanks.
Sarah Carter

Chris Hansen > wrote in message
om...

> Can anyone suggest some lunch ideas I can bring to work that are easy
> to prepare, and filling? I'm getting tired of peanut butter and jelly
> sandwiches and if I just bring fruit and veggies I'm hungry the rest
> of the day.

Hummus and roasted vegetable sandwiches are my favourite. Other days I have
a pasta or rice salad.

Sarah

C. James Strutz

"Chris Hansen" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone suggest some lunch ideas I can bring to work that are

easy
> to prepare, and filling? I'm getting tired of peanut butter and

jelly
> sandwiches and if I just bring fruit and veggies I'm hungry the rest
> of the day.
>
> Thanks.

Sometimes I like to go off by myself in the woods during my lunch
hour. So I spread hummus onto a tortilla and wrap it with lettuce,
tomatoes, etc. - sort of like a salad wrap. Or I'll take leftovers
from one of hte previous night's dinners and eat it cold. Or on the
spur of the moment I'll order Chinese takeout. If you're hungry later
in the day, snack on some fruit, nuts or wheat crackers.

Steve

Chris Hansen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone suggest some lunch ideas I can bring to work that are easy
> to prepare, and filling? I'm getting tired of peanut butter and jelly
> sandwiches and if I just bring fruit and veggies I'm hungry the rest
> of the day.

I just make extra portions at dinner, tupperware the overflow, bring it
work and nuke it.

Steve
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/

"The great American thought trap: It is not real unless it can be seen
on television or bought in a shopping mall"

T5NF

If you're feeling industrious, this Lebanese spinach pie recipe makes a nice
lunch and you can make alot at once as they freeze well:

http://www.recipegoldmine.com/worldm...ideast136.html

It's a bit different from Greek spinach pie in that the crust isn't
flaky...it's more of a pasty dough. I like one along with a piece of fruit and
a soy yoghurt for lunch.

Burritos are another good one to make alot of in advance & freeze...you can
make falafel in advance as well...I like mine on top of the pita rather than
inside slathered with vegan tzatziki sauce, lettuce, onions & pickles.

Burgers are good too...have been making some recently using a bunch of kale
whizzed in the food processor, a sweet potato finely shredded, 1/2 block tofu,
much minced garlic, tamarind concentrate, various spices including turmeric,
chili powder, & fenugreek, along with tamari & a dash of cider vinegar...all
blended together with chickpea flour & some flax seed meal to make everything
stick together, then shaped into patties and baked.

Check recipezaar.com and recipesource.com for tons of great recipes.
MrFalafel

(Chris Hansen) wrote in message . com>...
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone suggest some lunch ideas I can bring to work that are easy
> to prepare, and filling? I'm getting tired of peanut butter and jelly
> sandwiches and if I just bring fruit and veggies I'm hungry the rest
> of the day.
>
> Thanks.

Especially for UK Vegan Week the Vegan Society has 50 sandwich
suggestions with something for everyone to enjoy:

1. Korma Have a Go! - smoked tofu or vegan "chicken" and vegetable
korma
(in curried egg-free dairy-free mayonnaise) with crispy lettuce.
2. Blokes BLT - vegan "gammon" steak, lettuce and tomato, thick bread.
3. Wee Willy Winkie - vegan sausages with HP sauce and lettuce.
4. Just Philly? - dairy-free cream cheese with red peppers, garlic and
celery.
5. Scrambled Meg - scrambled tofu, cauliflower and mashed sweet-corn,
parsley, dairy/egg-free mayo and nutmeg with cress.
6. Peanut Buttie - organic fair trade peanut butter with dairy-free
coleslaw, bean-sprouts and lettuce
7. Funny Bone - olive hummus, red onion and salad on posh bread.
8. Cocktail Cob - sweet corn, strips of smoked baked tofu in
"prawn-less" cocktail sauce, nori seaweed flakes with lettuce, lemon
and capers.
9. Peanut Butter and Jelly - organic peanut butter and organic
no-sugar jam.
10. Ploughman - vegan cheddar Cheezly, pickle, radishes and lettuce.
11. Fungi Filler – wild mushroom and tarragon pate with gherkins and
red onion.
12. Moscow Munch - vegan "caviar" and salad with egg-free mayo.
13. Med Veg - Roasted Mediterranean vegetables and hummus on sun-dried
tomato bread.
14. Bagpipe Bun – vegan haggis, Piccalilli and salad 15. Posh Chip
Buttie - roasted rosemary and sesame seed potatoes with watercress.
16. Borscht Buttie – pickled beetroot, caraway, hummus and lettuce
17. My Mate - yeast extract, soft dairy-free cream cheese and slithers
of Granny Smith apple.
18. Sehr Gutenburger - cashew nut burger with sauerkraut.
19. Cinderella surprise – grated carrot, red peppers, red onions, zest
of orange with toasted pumpkin and coriander seeds, raisins and chilli
20. Dolphin Friendly Salad – (frozen) flaked smoked tofu, vegan tomato
pesto, spring onions, vegan mayo and salad.
21. Tapenade Tantalizer - olive pate with dairy-free cream cheese and
salad.
22. Cold Dog - vegan frankfurters, sauerkraut, tomato sauce, mustard
and onions.
23. Miso You Madly – miso, walnuts or beansprouts and crisp salad.
24. Devil's Delight - ginger marinated seitan with chilli and
beansprouts.
25. Mock Duck - mock duck or crispy smoked tofu with black bean sauce,
spring onion, shredded Chinese leaves and beansprouts.
26. For Alfalfa's Sake - alfalfa and red roasted pepper hummus.
27. Tikka Bite o' This- vegan "chicken" marinated in Tikka sauce,
vegan mayo and salad.
28. Bloody Mary - tomatoes, black pepper, sun-dried tomato paste on
olive ciabatta.
29. Monster Munch - nut loaf, salad and pickle.
30. Dhal Delight - lentil, garlic and lime pate with red onion and
mango chutney.
31. Tzatziki Tingler – cucumber, vegan yoghurt, tahini, mint, garlic
with watercress.
32. Kentucky Fried Wicken - crisp-baked Wicken Fen sausages with
salad.
33. Club sandwich - vegan nacho cheese, red peppers, onions, olives,
sun-dried tomato paste, oregano, vegan pepperoni.
34. Chocoholic - organic fair-trade hazelnut and chocolate spread with
bananas.
35. Wimbledon - vegan dairy-free cream cheese and freeze-dried
strawberries or sugar-free strawberry jam.
36. Totally Tropical - vegan cream cheese with dried apricots,
pineapple and sunflower seeds.
37. Wonderful Waldorf - vegan mayo, apple, celery, walnuts and
sultanas.
38. Frittering Fancy - corn and smoky snap fritter with salad in a
buttie.
39. Moussaka Me Gently - roasted aubergine, garlic, creamed potato,
nutmeg, sun-dried tomato paste, grated vegan "cheese" and vegan mayo.
40. Bubble 'n Squeak – pickled red cabbage, onion, shredded green
cabbage, crushed black pepper, low-sodium salt, tahini, toasted sesame
seeds, yeast extract, shredded baked potato and vegan mayo.
41. Bounty Hunter - creamed coconut, toasted nori seaweed,
beansprouts, fresh coriander and lime.
42. Mole in the Hole - guacamole with smoked garlic, sliced baked
vegan sausages and lollo rosso.
43. Falafeling About – sliced falafel with onions, chilli sauce and
shredded cabbage.
44. Swedish Cobbler– vegan Swedish-style "meatballs" with pickle and
salad.
45. Sunday Roast – "Cheatin beef", horseradish, alfalfa and red onion.
46. Popeye Picnic - roasted perpetual spinach, garlic, vegan mayo,
low-sodium salt and crushed black pepper
47. Spotted Dick - vegan cream cheese with raisins and sultanas
48. Salsa Switch - red kidney beans, sweetcorn, jalapeno chilli,
tomato paste, onion, gherkins.
49. Squish and Chips – fishless fingers and chips with vegan mayo and
lettuce.
50. Hot Pot - hemp seed pate or hemp pesto with onions, alfalfa,
Jamaican hot pepper sauce and cucumber.

http://www.worldveganday.org/html/mo...article&sid=68
nemo

Chris Hansen > wrote in message
om...
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone suggest some lunch ideas I can bring to work that are easy
> to prepare, and filling? I'm getting tired of peanut butter and jelly
> sandwiches and if I just bring fruit and veggies I'm hungry the rest
> of the day.
>
> Thanks.

If you can get 'em, Granose Sausalatas fried and sliced lengthways, with
chopped raw onionon top, a little lemon juice and a liberal spreading of
tomato paste with plenty of black pepper and a little salt, all in a couple
of wholemeal bread sandwiches.

You could also try whole peanut butter which is savory rather than sweet,
with some Branston Pickle - again if you can get them.

From "Jelly" for jam, and having it with peanut butter, I'm assuming you're
in the US.

Nemo

Stir-crazy lunch ideas Christopher M.[_3_] General Cooking 14 03-04-2012 08:23 AM
Lunch ideas Staycalm General Cooking 61 19-12-2005 11:42 PM
lunch bag ideas [email protected] General Cooking 8 30-06-2005 09:50 AM
lunch ideas rylee General Cooking 7 05-10-2004 03:28 AM
vegetarian packed lunch ideas Clare Vegetarian cooking 15 15-11-2003 09:08 AM