Steve

Default Vegan Apple Pie Recipie ?

Hi;

A friend of mine who is hobbyist gourmet and an omni wants to back an
apple pie for me.

Until she met me she has never really encounter veg*sm.

I would like to get her an apple pie recipe as close to a conventional
apple pie recipie ( I found some pretty funky apple pie recipies when
googling under "vegan apple pie") as possible......just sans the non
vegan ingredients.

Any recipies, ideas?

Thanks

Steve
Rubystars

"Steve" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi;
>
> A friend of mine who is hobbyist gourmet and an omni wants to back an
> apple pie for me.

Apple pies, unfortunately, have neither fronts nor backs, only tops and
bottoms and sides.

Once you slice a piece of pie, it has a pointy front and a broader back,
however.

Therefore to back an apple pie all you have to do is this:

1. Cut it into slices
2. Cut the backs off of the slices

Or you could think ahead and cut the "sides" off of the whole pie. When you
cut it, the pie slices will be without their backs as if by magic.

> Until she met me she has never really encounter veg*sm.

Most people hear about it but don't necessarily know someone who is like
that.

> I would like to get her an apple pie recipe as close to a conventional
> apple pie recipie ( I found some pretty funky apple pie recipies when
> googling under "vegan apple pie") as possible......just sans the non
> vegan ingredients.

Which ingredients? There are sites out there that descibe how to replace
things like eggs, milk, butter, etc. Which ones seem to be the problem? If
you post a recipe you'd like to adapt maybe you could get more help.

-Rubystars

Michael Balarama

"Steve" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi;
>
> A friend of mine who is hobbyist gourmet and an omni wants to back an
> apple pie for me.
>
> Until she met me she has never really encounter veg*sm.
>
> I would like to get her an apple pie recipe as close to a conventional
> apple pie recipie ( I found some pretty funky apple pie recipies when
> googling under "vegan apple pie") as possible......just sans the non
> vegan ingredients.

This one works my wife used it..it is vegan..:
INGREDIENTS

1 Coconut Pie Crust
4 granny smith apples, peeled and cored
2 red apples, peeled and cored
1/4 cup raw honey (not vegan, though I'm sure maple/golden syrup or the like
would do)
1 t celtic sea salt
2 t cinnamon
3 medjool dates, pitted, soaked 1 hour and drained
1 t vanilla powder
1 cup raisins
2 T flaxseed, ground fine
Michael Balarama

"Steve" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi;
>
> A friend of mine who is hobbyist gourmet and an omni wants to back an
> apple pie for me.
>
> Until she met me she has never really encounter veg*sm.
>
> I would like to get her an apple pie recipe as close to a conventional
> apple pie recipie ( I found some pretty funky apple pie recipies when
> googling under "vegan apple pie") as possible......just sans the non
> vegan ingredients.

Better try this recipe-it is more traditional:
Apple Pie
INGREDIENTS

8 baking or 'pie' apples (Granny Smith and Macintosh work well)
1 cup sugar
1 t cinnamon
1 deep-dish vegan pie crust
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup margarine

METHOD
Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F.

Peel and slice the apples and place in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix
1/2 cup of the sugar and cinnamon. Add to the apples until they are coated,
then put the apples in the pie crust. Mix the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, the
flour and margarine until crumbly. Add a small amount of flour in necessary
until small crumbs form. Sprinkle the crumbs over the pie, covering
completely.

Bake 40 minutes until slightly browned.

Steve

"Michael Balarama" > wrote in message >...
> "Steve" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Hi;
> >
> > A friend of mine who is hobbyist gourmet and an omni wants to back an
> > apple pie for me.
> >
> > Until she met me she has never really encounter veg*sm.
> >
> > I would like to get her an apple pie recipe as close to a conventional
> > apple pie recipie ( I found some pretty funky apple pie recipies when
> > googling under "vegan apple pie") as possible......just sans the non
> > vegan ingredients.

> Better try this recipe-it is more traditional:
> Apple Pie
> INGREDIENTS
>
> 8 baking or 'pie' apples (Granny Smith and Macintosh work well)
> 1 cup sugar
> 1 t cinnamon
> 1 deep-dish vegan pie crust
> 3/4 cup flour
> 1/2 cup margarine
>
> METHOD
> Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F.
>
> Peel and slice the apples and place in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix
> 1/2 cup of the sugar and cinnamon. Add to the apples until they are coated,
> then put the apples in the pie crust. Mix the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, the
> flour and margarine until crumbly. Add a small amount of flour in necessary
> until small crumbs form. Sprinkle the crumbs over the pie, covering
> completely.
>
> Bake 40 minutes until slightly browned.

Hi Mike;

Thanks.

I appreciate the time and trouble that it took for you type this in to
answer my question.

Thanks

Steve

Homemade Vegan Oats and Apple MIlkshake - Thoughts? [email protected] General Cooking 22 20-03-2016 09:06 PM
Homemade Vegan Oats and Apple MIlkshake - Thoughts? Monica Tan Vegan 0 17-03-2016 05:51 PM
recipie Anna[_4_] General Cooking 7 12-04-2009 03:21 AM
Looking for an Apple Butter Recipie Ted Mittelstaedt Preserving 11 06-07-2007 06:16 AM
A Challenge To The Vegan Bakers: Help Me Modify This Recipe :Vegan Pumpkin Flax Muffins Steve Vegan 2 27-05-2004 05:07 PM