Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Navajo Tea

Well, I never thought it would happen, but I found an interesting
herbal tea. I bought a cup of said tea on the navajo reservation in
northern new mexico (I decided against bringing my tea equipage on a
recent short roadtrip through the desert, and was in dire need of
something at least like tea). The lady at the counter was unable to
tell me much about the plant, but I have gathered from online research
that it's made from a plant called greenthread which grows throughout
the southwest. Just wondering if anyone else had tried this kind of
herbal tea, and if you enjoyed it. I thought it was quite good
(considering it wasn't camellia sinensis), and its taste reminded me of
trees, and had a pleasant smell like the woods.

In other news, driving navajo route 49, which is more like a set of
jeep tracks than a road, with a 4-door nissan altima led to about 1100
bucks worth of damage to the bottom of the car, I recommend that you
don't try it.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

"TeaDave" > wrote:

> In other news, driving navajo route 49, which is more like a set of
> jeep tracks than a road, with a 4-door nissan altima led to about 1100
> bucks worth of damage to the bottom of the car, I recommend that you
> don't try it.

Dave -

Wrong car
Among SUVs only Ford Bronco will take that much abuse without a blink.
Having done that and worse for many years as a field geologist all over
SouthWest I was one of the few who use SUV - majority of my collegues use
trucks, especially Ford trucks.

Sasha.

Member

Location: Arizona

Here's an interesting piece I ran across a while back on desert teas:

Tea Time in the Desert
http://www.desertusa.com/mag99/apr/papr/apr99_lil.html

Thanks,
Bill