Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default What is this?

Someone gave this to me, it tastes like a dark Taiwan green or a light oolong
and it's really pretty good. Who made it? I cannot identify the characters.

http://www.panix.com/~kludge/tea.pdf
--scott

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

(Scott Dorsey) writes:

>Someone gave this to me, it tastes like a dark Taiwan green or a light oolong
>and it's really pretty good. Who made it? I cannot identify the characters.

http://www.panix.com/~kludge/tea.pdf

The characters arrayed vertically on the right say Tieguanyin. The two
huge characters down the center say Cha (Tea, of course) Kui (Chief, the
same Kui in Taiping Hou Kui.) I cant make out the other characters at
the photos resolution.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
http://babelcarp.org
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Lewis Perin > writes:

(Scott Dorsey) writes:

>>Someone gave this to me, it tastes like a dark Taiwan green or a light oolong
>>and it's really pretty good. Who made it? I cannot identify the characters.
>>
>>http://www.panix.com/~kludge/tea.pdf

>The characters arrayed vertically on the right say Tieguanyin. The two
>huge characters down the center say Cha (Tea, of course) Kui (Chief, the
>same Kui in Taiping Hou Kui.) I cant make out the other characters at
>the photos resolution.

This looks like basically the same product, with the added claim that
its actually from Anxi:

http://www.tgysc.com/show.asp?id=806

/Lew
---