Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
SN SN is offline

Default [TEA] what is Wu-Yi... what is Yi-Wu ? :)

I havent researched this intently because it would take me a while, so
i thought id ask someone who knows :P

What is WuYi tea ? and then, what is Yi-Wu tea ?

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default what is Wu-Yi... what is Yi-Wu ? :)

SN

Hey, nice blog. I would like to RSS your blog, do you know how I can
do it?

As for your question, wuyi tea is produced in the Wuyi Mountain in
Fujian province. And Yiwu tea is produced in Yiwu town in Zhejiang
province.

Wuyi rock tea is very good, I am not so sure about Yiwu.

The article is literally hot off the press and I still haven't put in
the photo, but I hope it should give me a good feel of what it is
about.

http://www.amazing-green-tea.com/wuyi-oolong-tea.html

Julian
http://www.amazing-green-tea.com

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

SN > writes:

> I havent researched this intently because it would take me a while, so
> i thought id ask someone who knows :P
>
> What is WuYi tea ? and then, what is Yi-Wu tea ?

They're teas from areas in 2 different Chinese provinces (Fujian and
Yunnan, respectively.) No connection, and the syllables in the two
names that transliterate similarly are different, too.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
SN SN is offline

> Hey, nice blog. I would like to RSS your blog, do you know how I can
> do it?

thanks, i think the rss might be this? http://tgfop.wordpress.com/feed/
i dont use rsses...

> Wuyi rock tea is very good, I am not so sure about Yiwu.

well I only tasted a WuYi, then i keep seeing MarshalN trying a bunch
of YiWu(s), that seem to be pu'ers so i thought ...what did i drink!

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 28, 3:57 am, SN > wrote:
> > Hey, nice blog. I would like to RSS your blog, do you know how I can
> > do it?

> thanks, i think the rss might be this?http://tgfop.wordpress.com/feed/
> i dont use rsses...
>
> > Wuyi rock tea is very good, I am not so sure about Yiwu.

> well I only tasted a WuYi, then i keep seeing MarshalN trying a bunch
> of YiWu(s), that seem to be pu'ers so i thought ...what did i drink!

Hmmm, I'm the culprit, it seems

Wuyi is a mountainous area in Northern Fujian province. It is
also a UNESCO world heritage site, and quite scenic. Oolong produced
in that area are often generally called Wuyi Rock Tea (Wuyi Yancha
). They also produce Lapsang Souchong (ch. zhengshan xiaozhong )
in the region.

Yiwu is a mountain in Yunnan province and is one of the most
famous of the pu'er producing mountains.

The distance between the two... two hours plane ride, I think.

I probably should've cleared this up earlier.

All of these are using pinyin romanization.

MarshalN
http://www.xanga.com/MarshalN

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 27, 9:04 am, SN > wrote:
> I havent researched this intently because it would take me a while, so
> i thought id ask someone who knows :P
>
> What is WuYi tea ? and then, what is Yi-Wu tea ?

Just had a very nice Yi-Wu pu-erh from Yunann Sourcing this afternoon
and a very nice WiYu Oolong from Jing this morning....what a blessed
life!
Shen

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jul 28, 12:04 am, SN > wrote:
> I havent researched this intently because it would take me a while, so
> i thought id ask someone who knows :P
>
> What is WuYi tea ? and then, what is Yi-Wu tea ?

Wu Yi is a mountain that produces some famous teas like DaHongPao,
ShuiXian and the like. Yi Wu is one if the 6 big tea mountains in
Yunnan that produces Pu'er.