Red Snapper

Default Red Snapper may not be what it appears

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science....ap/index.html

Red Snapper may not be what it appears

Thursday, July 15, 2004 Posted: 11:34 AM EDT

Fillets of red snapper may actually be of other species.
(AP) -- Scientists recommend that you think twice before
spending $15 for a red snapper filet the size of an index
card. A new genetics study suggests a poor ocean cousin might
be masquerading as its upscale relative on your dinner plate.

Research at the University of North Carolina shows more than
three-quarters of "red snapper" samples from eight states
turned out to be different species -- vermillion snapper or
lane snapper -- in violation of federal law. Red snapper is
increasingly rare and it usually fetches a premium price
compared to other reef fish.

Cheating consumers by several dollars per pound with mislabeled
fish is only the beginning of the problem, scientists said.
[...]

See: http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science....ap/index.html
for the rest of the article and red snapper links, including
the Audubon Seafood Eater's Wallet Card (Alaskan salmon =
good choice, Farmed Salmon = bad choice).

--
Sent by xanadoog from yahoo within field com
Musashi

"Red Snapper" > wrote in message
du...
> http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science....ap/index.html
>
> Red Snapper may not be what it appears
>
> Thursday, July 15, 2004 Posted: 11:34 AM EDT
>
> Fillets of red snapper may actually be of other species.
> (AP) -- Scientists recommend that you think twice before
> spending $15 for a red snapper filet the size of an index
> card. A new genetics study suggests a poor ocean cousin might
> be masquerading as its upscale relative on your dinner plate.
>
> Research at the University of North Carolina shows more than
> three-quarters of "red snapper" samples from eight states
> turned out to be different species -- vermillion snapper or
> lane snapper -- in violation of federal law. Red snapper is
> increasingly rare and it usually fetches a premium price
> compared to other reef fish.

I have noticed this in some supermarkets.
Easiest to tell when they have the whole fish on ice.

Musashi

"Red Snapper" > wrote in message
du...
> http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science....ap/index.html
>
> Red Snapper may not be what it appears
>
> Thursday, July 15, 2004 Posted: 11:34 AM EDT
>
> Fillets of red snapper may actually be of other species.
> (AP) -- Scientists recommend that you think twice before
> spending $15 for a red snapper filet the size of an index
> card. A new genetics study suggests a poor ocean cousin might
> be masquerading as its upscale relative on your dinner plate.
>
> Research at the University of North Carolina shows more than
> three-quarters of "red snapper" samples from eight states
> turned out to be different species -- vermillion snapper or
> lane snapper -- in violation of federal law. Red snapper is
> increasingly rare and it usually fetches a premium price
> compared to other reef fish.

I have noticed this in some supermarkets.
Easiest to tell when they have the whole fish on ice.

Musashi

"Red Snapper" > wrote in message
du...
> http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science....ap/index.html
>
> Red Snapper may not be what it appears
>
> Thursday, July 15, 2004 Posted: 11:34 AM EDT
>
> Fillets of red snapper may actually be of other species.
> (AP) -- Scientists recommend that you think twice before
> spending $15 for a red snapper filet the size of an index
> card. A new genetics study suggests a poor ocean cousin might
> be masquerading as its upscale relative on your dinner plate.
>
> Research at the University of North Carolina shows more than
> three-quarters of "red snapper" samples from eight states
> turned out to be different species -- vermillion snapper or
> lane snapper -- in violation of federal law. Red snapper is
> increasingly rare and it usually fetches a premium price
> compared to other reef fish.

I have noticed this in some supermarkets.
Easiest to tell when they have the whole fish on ice.

Johnny Musacha

In article >, Musashi wrote:

> "Red Snapper" > wrote in message
> du...
>> http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science....ap/index.html
>>
>> Red Snapper may not be what it appears
>>
>> Thursday, July 15, 2004 Posted: 11:34 AM EDT
>>
>> Fillets of red snapper may actually be of other species.
>> (AP) -- Scientists recommend that you think twice before
>> spending $15 for a red snapper filet the size of an index
>> card. A new genetics study suggests a poor ocean cousin might
>> be masquerading as its upscale relative on your dinner plate.
>>
>> Research at the University of North Carolina shows more than
>> three-quarters of "red snapper" samples from eight states
>> turned out to be different species -- vermillion snapper or
>> lane snapper -- in violation of federal law. Red snapper is
>> increasingly rare and it usually fetches a premium price
>> compared to other reef fish.
>>

> I have noticed this in some supermarkets.
> Easiest to tell when they have the whole fish on ice.

Can you explain what to look for? My local fish market has sushi
grade Red Snapper from time to time. I'd like to know if it is the real
deal. Thanks.

Johnny Musacha

In article >, Musashi wrote:

> "Red Snapper" > wrote in message
> du...
>> http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science....ap/index.html
>>
>> Red Snapper may not be what it appears
>>
>> Thursday, July 15, 2004 Posted: 11:34 AM EDT
>>
>> Fillets of red snapper may actually be of other species.
>> (AP) -- Scientists recommend that you think twice before
>> spending $15 for a red snapper filet the size of an index
>> card. A new genetics study suggests a poor ocean cousin might
>> be masquerading as its upscale relative on your dinner plate.
>>
>> Research at the University of North Carolina shows more than
>> three-quarters of "red snapper" samples from eight states
>> turned out to be different species -- vermillion snapper or
>> lane snapper -- in violation of federal law. Red snapper is
>> increasingly rare and it usually fetches a premium price
>> compared to other reef fish.
>>

> I have noticed this in some supermarkets.
> Easiest to tell when they have the whole fish on ice.

Can you explain what to look for? My local fish market has sushi
grade Red Snapper from time to time. I'd like to know if it is the real
deal. Thanks.

Musashi

"Johnny Musacha" > wrote in message
> In article >, Musashi wrote:
> >
> > "Red Snapper" > wrote in message
> > du...
> >> http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science....ap/index.html
> >>
> >> Red Snapper may not be what it appears
> >>
> >> Thursday, July 15, 2004 Posted: 11:34 AM EDT
> >>
> >> Fillets of red snapper may actually be of other species.
> >> (AP) -- Scientists recommend that you think twice before
> >> spending $15 for a red snapper filet the size of an index
> >> card. A new genetics study suggests a poor ocean cousin might

With whole fish look for the distinctive head shape of the real red snapper.
With whole fish or skin-on filet, look for any signs of yellow on the skin.
Real Red Snapper has no yellow.
With skin-off filet, pretty hard to tell.

Real Red Snapper:
http://www.fish2go.com/redsnapper1.jpg
http://www.floridabayseafood.com/fish/red%20snapper.JPG

Silk Snapper:
http://www.floridabayseafood.com/fis...%20snapper.JPG

Queen Snapper:
http://www.floridabayseafood.com/fis...%20snapper.JPG

Lane Snapper:
http://marinefisheries.org/FishID/snaplane.html

Vermillion Snapper:
http://www.gsmfc.org/seamap/images/v...ionsnapper.jpg
http://www.acun.com/~dlbower/clients/freedom/v_snap.jpg

Musashi

D. Lutjen

news

wrote:

> > > "Red Snapper" > wrote in

message
> > > du...

> With whole fish look for the distinctive head shape of the real red

snapper.
> With whole fish or skin-on filet, look for any signs of yellow on the

skin.
> Real Red Snapper has no yellow.
> With skin-off filet, pretty hard to tell.
>
> Real Red Snapper:
> http://www.fish2go.com/redsnapper1.jpg
> http://www.floridabayseafood.com/fish/red%20snapper.JPG
>

> Silk Snapper:
> http://www.floridabayseafood.com/fis...%20snapper.JPG
>
> Queen Snapper:
> http://www.floridabayseafood.com/fis...%20snapper.JPG
>
> Lane Snapper:
> http://marinefisheries.org/FishID/snaplane.html
>
> Vermillion Snapper:
> http://www.gsmfc.org/seamap/images/v...ionsnapper.jpg
> http://www.acun.com/~dlbower/clients/freedom/v_snap.jpg

I don't know about the East Coast but the majority of sushi restaurants in
our region use frozen tilapia fillets while tai (snapper) is on the menu
board.

"Snapper" here comes from black rock fish, red rock, etc. All called
snapper when in the fresh fish case.

D. Lutjen

news

wrote:

> > > "Red Snapper" > wrote in

message
> > > du...

> With whole fish look for the distinctive head shape of the real red

snapper.
> With whole fish or skin-on filet, look for any signs of yellow on the

skin.
> Real Red Snapper has no yellow.
> With skin-off filet, pretty hard to tell.
>
> Real Red Snapper:
> http://www.fish2go.com/redsnapper1.jpg
> http://www.floridabayseafood.com/fish/red%20snapper.JPG
>

> Silk Snapper:
> http://www.floridabayseafood.com/fis...%20snapper.JPG
>
> Queen Snapper:
> http://www.floridabayseafood.com/fis...%20snapper.JPG
>
> Lane Snapper:
> http://marinefisheries.org/FishID/snaplane.html
>
> Vermillion Snapper:
> http://www.gsmfc.org/seamap/images/v...ionsnapper.jpg
> http://www.acun.com/~dlbower/clients/freedom/v_snap.jpg

I don't know about the East Coast but the majority of sushi restaurants in
our region use frozen tilapia fillets while tai (snapper) is on the menu
board.

"Snapper" here comes from black rock fish, red rock, etc. All called
snapper when in the fresh fish case.

*bicker*

A Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:17:56 GMT, "Musashi"
> escribió:
> With skin-off filet, pretty hard to tell.

How about by taste? texture?

I suppose if you can't tell by taste or texture, who cares?

--
bicker®
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/D...ry_040602.html

*bicker*

A Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:17:56 GMT, "Musashi"
> escribió:
> With skin-off filet, pretty hard to tell.

How about by taste? texture?

I suppose if you can't tell by taste or texture, who cares?

--
bicker®
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/D...ry_040602.html
Dan Logcher

*bicker* wrote:

> A Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:17:56 GMT, "Musashi"
> > escribió:
>
>>With skin-off filet, pretty hard to tell.
>>

> How about by taste? texture?
>
> I suppose if you can't tell by taste or texture, who cares?

Except that they charge you snapper price for a cheaper fish.

--
Dan

*bicker*

A Sun, 18 Jul 2004 20:46:08 GMT, Dan Logcher
> escribió:
> *bicker* wrote:
> > A Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:17:56 GMT, "Musashi"
> > > escribió:
> >>With skin-off filet, pretty hard to tell.

> > How about by taste? texture?
> > I suppose if you can't tell by taste or texture, who cares?

> Except that they charge you snapper price for a cheaper fish.

Why isn't the cheaper fish more expensive, again assuming
that it is a perfect replica of the rarer fish's taste and
texture?

--
bicker®
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/D...ry_040602.html
Dan Logcher

*bicker* wrote:

> A Sun, 18 Jul 2004 20:46:08 GMT, Dan Logcher
> > escribió:
>
>>*bicker* wrote:
>>
>>>A Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:17:56 GMT, "Musashi"

>>>How about by taste? texture?
>>>I suppose if you can't tell by taste or texture, who cares?
>>>

>>Except that they charge you snapper price for a cheaper fish.
>>

> Why isn't the cheaper fish more expensive, again assuming
> that it is a perfect replica of the rarer fish's taste and
> texture?

A few reason are the cheaper fish are more abundant, easier to
fish, more wide spread fishing grounds.

--
Dan

Musashi

"*bicker*" > wrote in message
. ..
> A Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:17:56 GMT, "Musashi"
> > escribió:
> > With skin-off filet, pretty hard to tell.

> How about by taste? texture?
>
> I suppose if you can't tell by taste or texture, who cares?
>

> --
> bicker®
> http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/D...ry_040602.html

All the snappers are faily close in taste and texture, especially in the
smaller sizes.
But one should care because this is the same as selling shark as swordfish
or skate
wings as scallops and charging for the real thing.

Musashi

"D. Lutjen" > wrote in message

> "Musashi" > wrote in message
> news
> >
> > "Johnny Musacha" > wrote in message

> message

> > With whole fish look for the distinctive head shape of the real red

> snapper.
> > With whole fish or skin-on filet, look for any signs of yellow on the

> skin.
> > Real Red Snapper has no yellow.
> > With skin-off filet, pretty hard to tell.
> >
> > Real Red Snapper:
> > http://www.fish2go.com/redsnapper1.jpg
> > http://www.floridabayseafood.com/fish/red%20snapper.JPG
> >

> > Silk Snapper:
> > http://www.floridabayseafood.com/fis...%20snapper.JPG
> >
> > Queen Snapper:
> > http://www.floridabayseafood.com/fis...%20snapper.JPG
> >
> > Lane Snapper:
> > http://marinefisheries.org/FishID/snaplane.html
> >
> > Vermillion Snapper:
> > http://www.gsmfc.org/seamap/images/v...ionsnapper.jpg
> > http://www.acun.com/~dlbower/clients/freedom/v_snap.jpg

> I don't know about the East Coast but the majority of sushi restaurants in
> our region use frozen tilapia fillets while tai (snapper) is on the menu
> board.
>
> "Snapper" here comes from black rock fish, red rock, etc. All called
> snapper when in the fresh fish case.

Yes I am aware that on the US West Coast the term "snapper" is used to
decribe
a number of rockfishes, including the red rockfish sometimes called "red
snapper"
out there. These rockfish, are not fish similar to the Tai or Sea Bream, as
are the East
Coast snappers.
The Kinki and Aka Uo often seen as hitotsuya-boshi form in Japan I believe
are
rockfishes.

Some restaurants here in the NYC area carry tilapia but it is always called
"Izumi Dai".
Recently in the last couple of months I have been seeing Ma-DAi (real tai)
shipped
from Japan.

Musashi

Musashi

"*bicker*" > wrote in message
. ..
> A Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:17:56 GMT, "Musashi"
> > escribió:
> > With skin-off filet, pretty hard to tell.

> How about by taste? texture?
>
> I suppose if you can't tell by taste or texture, who cares?
>

> --
> bicker®
> http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/D...ry_040602.html

All the snappers are faily close in taste and texture, especially in the
smaller sizes.
But one should care because this is the same as selling shark as swordfish
or skate
wings as scallops and charging for the real thing.

Musashi

"*bicker*" > wrote in message
. ..
> A Sun, 18 Jul 2004 20:46:08 GMT, Dan Logcher
> > escribió:
> > *bicker* wrote:
> > > A Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:17:56 GMT, "Musashi"
> > > How about by taste? texture?
> > > I suppose if you can't tell by taste or texture, who cares?

> > Except that they charge you snapper price for a cheaper fish.

> Why isn't the cheaper fish more expensive, again assuming
> that it is a perfect replica of the rarer fish's taste and
> texture?

No fish is a "perfect replica" of another. Admittedly there are some that
come quite close.
The cheaper fish are a species that have not been targeted and harvested to
the extent that
the popular "expensive" fish has been.

Musashi

"*bicker*" > wrote in message
. ..
> A Sun, 18 Jul 2004 20:46:08 GMT, Dan Logcher
> > escribió:
> > *bicker* wrote:
> > > A Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:17:56 GMT, "Musashi"
> > > How about by taste? texture?
> > > I suppose if you can't tell by taste or texture, who cares?

> > Except that they charge you snapper price for a cheaper fish.

> Why isn't the cheaper fish more expensive, again assuming
> that it is a perfect replica of the rarer fish's taste and
> texture?

No fish is a "perfect replica" of another. Admittedly there are some that
come quite close.
The cheaper fish are a species that have not been targeted and harvested to
the extent that
the popular "expensive" fish has been.

*bicker*

A Mon, 19 Jul 2004 09:42:44 -0400, Dan Logcher
> >>Except that they charge you snapper price for a cheaper fish.

> > Why isn't the cheaper fish more expensive, again assuming
> > that it is a perfect replica of the rarer fish's taste and
> > texture?

> A few reason are the cheaper fish are more abundant, easier to
> fish, more wide spread fishing grounds.

Argh. Let me try to take this from a different direction.
We're not collecting these fish. They're not getting
stuffed and mounted. They're not even presented on the
table so as to be able to tell them apart. Given all that
(and no one has disagreed with those assumptions yet), what
is the difference in the value proposition offered by the
two products, to justify the price difference?

Let's consider an analogy. The only situations where fake
diamonds are less expensive than real diamonds is where
diamond pedigree matters. Industrial sources care not one
bit about where the diamonds came from if they provide the
same utility. So the difference is solely psychological,
which is somewhat justifiable since diamonds are sold as a
fashion item anyway, and they're durable so the value
proposition from the assertion of their being rare continues
to pay dividends over a long period of time. I don't see
how that could be paralleled in the fishy situation we're
talking about here.

--
bicker®
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/D...ry_040602.html

*bicker*

A Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:10:23 GMT, "Musashi"
> > > Except that they charge you snapper price for a cheaper fish.

> > Why isn't the cheaper fish more expensive, again assuming
> > that it is a perfect replica of the rarer fish's taste and
> > texture?

> No fish is a "perfect replica" of another.

Okay. Great. This is news. What is that difference
(between real red snapper and "fake" red snapper)? How
reliably can a connoisseur distinguish the difference
accurately?

--
bicker®
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/D...ry_040602.html
*bicker*

A Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:10:23 GMT, "Musashi"
> > > Except that they charge you snapper price for a cheaper fish.

> > Why isn't the cheaper fish more expensive, again assuming
> > that it is a perfect replica of the rarer fish's taste and
> > texture?

> No fish is a "perfect replica" of another.

Okay. Great. This is news. What is that difference
(between real red snapper and "fake" red snapper)? How
reliably can a connoisseur distinguish the difference
accurately?

--
bicker®
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/D...ry_040602.html
*bicker*

A Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:08:39 GMT, "Musashi"
> escribió:
> But one should care because this is the same as selling shark as swordfish
> or skate wings as scallops and charging for the real thing.

I bet that I can tell the difference between skate and
scallops 9 times out of 10.

--
bicker®
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/D...ry_040602.html
*bicker*

A Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:08:39 GMT, "Musashi"
> escribió:
> But one should care because this is the same as selling shark as swordfish
> or skate wings as scallops and charging for the real thing.

I bet that I can tell the difference between skate and
scallops 9 times out of 10.

--
bicker®
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/D...ry_040602.html
Musashi

"*bicker*" > wrote in message
. ..
> A Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:10:23 GMT, "Musashi"
> > > Why isn't the cheaper fish more expensive, again assuming
> > > that it is a perfect replica of the rarer fish's taste and
> > > texture?

> > No fish is a "perfect replica" of another.

> Okay. Great. This is news. What is that difference
> (between real red snapper and "fake" red snapper)? How
> reliably can a connoisseur distinguish the difference
> accurately?

I doubt there are any records.
But I have met itamae who can tell a wild caught Ma-dai from
a farm raised one by taste. This one was over my head.
But from one snapper to another? I suppose it would depend
on the connoisseur,don't you think?

Musashi

"*bicker*" > wrote in message
. ..
> A Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:10:23 GMT, "Musashi"
> > > Why isn't the cheaper fish more expensive, again assuming
> > > that it is a perfect replica of the rarer fish's taste and
> > > texture?

> > No fish is a "perfect replica" of another.

> Okay. Great. This is news. What is that difference
> (between real red snapper and "fake" red snapper)? How
> reliably can a connoisseur distinguish the difference
> accurately?

I doubt there are any records.
But I have met itamae who can tell a wild caught Ma-dai from
a farm raised one by taste. This one was over my head.
But from one snapper to another? I suppose it would depend
on the connoisseur,don't you think?

Musashi

"*bicker*" > wrote in message
. ..
> A Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:08:39 GMT, "Musashi"
> > escribió:
> > But one should care because this is the same as selling shark as

swordfish
> > or skate wings as scallops and charging for the real thing.

> I bet that I can tell the difference between skate and
> scallops 9 times out of 10.

I'll bet you can. Just about anybody who knows his seafood probably could.
But apparently this scam was actually done at one time, maybe targeting poor
unsuspecting
housewives.

*bicker*

A Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:43:37 GMT, "Musashi"
> escribió:
> > Okay. Great. This is news. What is that difference
> > (between real red snapper and "fake" red snapper)? How
> > reliably can a connoisseur distinguish the difference
> > accurately?

> I doubt there are any records.
> But I have met itamae who can tell a wild caught Ma-dai from
> a farm raised one by taste. This one was over my head.
> But from one snapper to another? I suppose it would depend
> on the connoisseur,don't you think?

Well, true, but the point is that if they truly are
interchangeable, then that increases the value of the more
common fish to just about the value of the less common fish,
and decreases the value of the more common fish a small
amount to compensate.

--
bicker®
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/D...ry_040602.html
*bicker*

A Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:43:37 GMT, "Musashi"
> escribió:
> > Okay. Great. This is news. What is that difference
> > (between real red snapper and "fake" red snapper)? How
> > reliably can a connoisseur distinguish the difference
> > accurately?

> I doubt there are any records.
> But I have met itamae who can tell a wild caught Ma-dai from
> a farm raised one by taste. This one was over my head.
> But from one snapper to another? I suppose it would depend
> on the connoisseur,don't you think?

Well, true, but the point is that if they truly are
interchangeable, then that increases the value of the more
common fish to just about the value of the less common fish,
and decreases the value of the more common fish a small
amount to compensate.

--
bicker®
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/D...ry_040602.html
Christopher Browne

Quoth Dan Logcher >:
> *bicker* wrote:
>
>> A Sun, 18 Jul 2004 20:46:08 GMT, Dan Logcher
>> > escribió:

>>>Except that they charge you snapper price for a cheaper fish.
>>>

>> Why isn't the cheaper fish more expensive, again assuming
>> that it is a perfect replica of the rarer fish's taste and
>> texture?

> A few reason are the cheaper fish are more abundant, easier to
> fish, more wide spread fishing grounds.

Ah, but we'd still expect the similarity-to-palate to lead to the
price rising at least _somewhat_, if only for the fish being sold for
sushi purposes...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="cbbrowne.com" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://cbbrowne.com/info/linuxxian.html

Christopher Browne

Quoth Dan Logcher >:
> *bicker* wrote:
>
>> A Sun, 18 Jul 2004 20:46:08 GMT, Dan Logcher
>> > escribió:

>>>Except that they charge you snapper price for a cheaper fish.
>>>

>> Why isn't the cheaper fish more expensive, again assuming
>> that it is a perfect replica of the rarer fish's taste and
>> texture?

> A few reason are the cheaper fish are more abundant, easier to
> fish, more wide spread fishing grounds.

Ah, but we'd still expect the similarity-to-palate to lead to the
price rising at least _somewhat_, if only for the fish being sold for
sushi purposes...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="cbbrowne.com" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://cbbrowne.com/info/linuxxian.html
What hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald men?
Dan Logcher

*bicker* wrote:

> A Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:43:37 GMT, "Musashi"
> > escribió:
>
>>>Okay. Great. This is news. What is that difference
>>>(between real red snapper and "fake" red snapper)? How
>>>reliably can a connoisseur distinguish the difference
>>>accurately?
>>>

>>I doubt there are any records.
>>But I have met itamae who can tell a wild caught Ma-dai from
>>a farm raised one by taste. This one was over my head.
>>But from one snapper to another? I suppose it would depend
>>on the connoisseur,don't you think?
>>

> Well, true, but the point is that if they truly are
> interchangeable, then that increases the value of the more
> common fish to just about the value of the less common fish,
> and decreases the value of the more common fish a small
> amount to compensate.

Or it decreases the price of the common because they are more
abundant and easier to fish.

--
Dan

Dan Logcher

Italy Anonymous Remailer wrote:

> People should be truthfully informed so they can make their
> decisions about whether and how much to spend accordinhly.

Indeed! I think that's what most of the beef was with this.
Truth in advertising.

--
Dan

Dan Logcher