Jim S.

Default Another book about Japanese cuisine

I have this one in my extensive cookbook collection

Japanese Cooking: A simple Art
Shizuo Tsuji
ISBN 0-87011-399-2 (USA)
1st Ed. printed in 1980

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

I paid full price about 10 years ago. This book is a steal off amazon,
and covers the whole spectrum of Japanese Cuisine. I find it
indispensible. I spent a year in Japan courtesy of the USMC and fell
in love with the food in about half a heartbeat. This book will tell
you how to make Japanese food with real, authentic flavor. Half of the
book is a How-to section and the rest is recipes. Need a recipe for
boiled Tako? Page 248. Homemade Udon or Soba noodles? pg 308. Tonkatsu
? Pg 445.
My personal fave? Nabeyaki Udon pg. 313...with chinese cabbage shreds,
sea scallops and monkfish slices added. Just incredible.

Jim
Bob Myers

"Jim S." > wrote in message
om...
> I have this one in my extensive cookbook collection
>
> Japanese Cooking: A simple Art
> Shizuo Tsuji
> ISBN 0-87011-399-2 (USA)
> 1st Ed. printed in 1980

Seconded! My absolute favorite book on Japanese food and cooking!

Bob M.