Shrimp Sauce or other dipping or "drizzle" sauces.

Old 17-08-2007, 05:52 PM posted to alt.food.sushi

Default Shrimp Sauce or other dipping or "drizzle" sauces.

Quite often, I have rolls that have a sauce drizzled over them in a
beautiful display and also adding a wonderful taste to the roll
sections.

Does anyone here have any recipes for sauces they've made and used for
similar purposes?

I can't eat very spicy foods, but mildly spicy is ok.

One place I go has a "Shrimp Sauce" that is really, really good. It's
a creamy sauce that has a mayo type consistency and a slightly spicy
flavor. They drizzle it lightly over the face of the pieces of roll.

I asked, and they buy it in bulk.

I would like to make my own for this purpose.

P.S. My sushi freezer shipped yesterday!!! Yeah!!!!!!
Old 22-08-2007, 04:56 PM posted to alt.food.sushi

On Aug 17, 12:52 pm, The Fisherman wrote:
Quite often, I have rolls that have a sauce drizzled over them in a
beautiful display and also adding a wonderful taste to the roll
sections.

Does anyone here have any recipes for sauces they've made and used for
similar purposes?

With the spammer that's posting all the MI crap, I thought perhaps no
one saw my post. I found a recipe on the net:

Japanese Shrimp Sauce

This is the shrimp sauce found in Japanese steakhouses. It is sweet
and pinkish-orangish in color. You can substitute fat-free mayo,
butter, and 0-calorie sugar, and it still tastes great.

yield:
1 1/4 cups

INGREDIENTS

1 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons white sugar
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons melted butter
3/4 teaspoon paprika
3/8 teaspoon garlic powder

DIRECTIONS
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, white sugar, rice vinegar, melted
butter, paprika and garlic powder. Mix well, cover and refrigerate.

Old 22-08-2007, 08:28 PM posted to alt.food.sushi

On 2007-08-22 08:56:36 -0700, John Doe said:

With the spammer that's posting all the MI crap, I thought perhaps no
one saw my post.

That's the best argument there is for a dedicated newsreader program.
Windows: Agent, Mac: Unison.

I knew there was something going on because I saw 10 messages, but when
I opened the group, nothing in it. I had to use another program to
find out what was going on.
--
///---

Old 23-08-2007, 04:58 AM posted to alt.food.sushi

Newsreaders are a mystery to me. I just access this thing through
google group and it's on my Bookmarks. That's the only way I know how
to access it. Yeah, the M15 dude is trashing the place now, but there
have been plenty of other spammers. Is there no defense against this?

Old 23-08-2007, 02:37 PM posted to alt.food.sushi

On 2007-08-22 08:56:36 -0700, John Doe said:

With the spammer that's posting all the MI crap, I thought perhaps no
one saw my post.

That's the best argument there is for a dedicated newsreader program.
Windows: Agent, Mac: Unison.

I knew there was something going on because I saw 10 messages, but when
I opened the group, nothing in it. I had to use another program to
find out what was going on.

I use "Agent" at home, but at work, I have no access to one. I have to
use Google Groups.

Agent is a very adaptable program.

Old 24-08-2007, 03:53 AM posted to alt.food.sushi

OK, I downloaded Thunderbird. It's free, Agent ain't. Now what? I
don't know how to work it. It looks like it's some sort of gadget for
email. Like how do I get here on it?

What's the word?
Thunderbird
How's it sold?
Good and cold
What's the jive?
Bird's alive
What's the price?
Thirty twice

Old 28-08-2007, 04:33 AM posted to alt.food.sushi

Thanks, Buddy, but i don't know why I need a special email gadget or a
special newsreader gadget. Maybe people who get thousands of emails
need it, but it works for me to just do the yahoo.com or
groups.google.com if I want to come here. I'm unclear about what's
the difference between something like this sushi discussion forum and
a regular internet discussion forum. Is any human in charge of this
sushi forum? Is anyone able to stop spamming, like the M15 spams, or
say someone were to post personal info about someone else, or make
threats or something. Can that be prevented or removed?

Old 28-08-2007, 07:07 AM posted to alt.food.sushi

On 2007-08-27 20:33:22 -0700, said:

Thanks, Buddy, but i don't know why I need a special email gadget or a
special newsreader gadget. Maybe people who get thousands of emails
need it, but it works for me to just do the yahoo.com or
groups.google.com if I want to come here. I'm unclear about what's
the difference between something like this sushi discussion forum and
a regular internet discussion forum.

I'm unclear on what you're comparing. This sushi discussion forum is a
regular internet discussion forum on usenet. The only reasons I find
for a dedicated newsreader (newsreader gadget?) is to ensure that half
the messages aren't spam, MI5 psychos, anti-semetic screeds and so
forth. Additionally, for me, I can cover 8 or 10 newsgroups in about 5
minutes checking for new posts, don't have to see the columns on both
sides of the dialogues filled with "helpful" visual noise. I can see
the topic headers and only open the ones I want to read and not the
ones I don't, killfile obnoxious participants so I never even know if
they've posted stuff, upload and download files, and perform lots of
sorting options to find an old post, previous posts by a user and so
forth. I can go into the 8 or 10 music newsgroups, a few food groups,
a few travel groups, a few culture groups and be done with a complete
pass in 3 minutes if I don't respond to anything.

I guess that's about all.

Is any human in charge of this sushi forum?

No.

Is anyone able to stop spamming...

No.

...like the M15 spams, or say someone were to post personal info about
someone else, or make
threats or something.

No. If you want a full time hobby you can start a vendetta against
them, using (again) adedicated newsreader to read their complete
headers and sift through their forged headers to find out who their
real ISP is, write to them and complain. Sometimes the target, after
getting a new address or ISP, finds out you're complaining and then you
become their vendetta. It can be done if you don't already have a day
job. Simply kill-filing them or the likely subject matter in a
dedicated newsreader like Agent or Unison is vastly easier.

For instance I didn't even know the MI5 stuff was going on.

Can that be prevented or removed?

Last time: a dedicated newsreader. That's the service such programs provide.
--
///---

Old 29-08-2007, 12:08 AM posted to alt.food.sushi

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 23:07:20 -0700, Gerry
wrote:

Last time: a dedicated newsreader. That's the service such programs provide.

hehe I use Agent at home, and I can't figure out how to move all
these news reader posts out of my Shrimp Sauce thread.

Hahahahaahahaha

That was fun.
Old 29-08-2007, 02:03 AM posted to alt.food.sushi

wrote:

Last time: a dedicated newsreader. That's the service such programs provide.

hehe I use Agent at home, and I can't figure out how to move all
these news reader posts out of my Shrimp Sauce thread.

Hahahahaahahaha

That was fun.

Really? You can't figure out kill-filing users in Agent?
--
///---

Old 29-08-2007, 03:28 AM posted to alt.food.sushi

"the only reasons I find
for a dedicated newsreader (newsreader gadget?) is to ensure that half
the messages aren't spam..."

OK, as I thought, I don't need it. I can deal with spam. Big deal.
I don't need a whole nuther program to figure out and clutter up my
computer just to get rid of M15 and co. Likewise for the email
programs. Keep it simple. Everything's already too complicated. By
the way, I was just out by you again, but I wasted my time going to
Todai again (I like the sukiyaki) instead of trying Kasen, etc. But
Pho 79 Hazard is the king of the pho joints!